Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a new in the box Armscor 38 revolver the other day. I had owned it for years. But after buying and cleaning up the cosmolene and heavy oil I stored it in my safe.A local man from down the road wanted to buy a revolver for 4 wheeler riding in the woods.We set on a price and he left.
That night I had a migrane headache. The next morning I still had the headache and the man pulled up around 10 am. I am not a morning person, but I try to be polite. He said the gun will not hit anything. To which I took some duct tape and put some on a white cardboard box. Took the revolver and loaded it up and put on my ear muffs. Still in my pajama pants.
I stepped back across the driveway and I had to actually pull a couple shots to keep them from going in the same hole. I looked at him and said, I love to have pistols or revolvers that shoot that good.
Then he said that he did not like the grip. I said look, take the gun and shoot it and learn how to hold it, and if you keep it in good shape, I will take it on trade on a target 357. I wonder what he will find wrong with a Smith 686??
I need patience with people that don,t know what they want, when you give them what they ask for, it doesn,t please them.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I sold a new in the box Armscor 38 revolver the other day. I had owned it for years. But after buying and cleaning up the cosmolene and heavy oil I stored it in my safe.A local man from down the road wanted to buy a revolver for 4 wheeler riding in the woods.We set on a price and he left.
That night I had a migrane headache. The next morning I still had the headache and the man pulled up around 10 am. I am not a morning person, but I try to be polite. He said the gun will not hit anything. To which I took some duct tape and put some on a white cardboard box. Took the revolver and loaded it up and put on my ear muffs. Still in my pajama pants.
I stepped back across the driveway and I had to actually pull a couple shots to keep them from going in the same hole. I looked at him and said, I love to have pistols or revolvers that shoot that good.
Then he said that he did not like the grip. I said look, take the gun and shoot it and learn how to hold it, and if you keep it in good shape, I will take it on trade on a target 357. I wonder what he will find wrong with a Smith 686??
I need patience with people that don,t know what they want, when you give them what they ask for, it doesn,t please them.
All sales are final.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,023 Posts
Would love to shoot one of those. They look to be a copy of the old Colt snubbies. I think the old Colt grips can be made to fit with little effort also.

He was probably having second thoughts, one of his buddies most likely told him it was trash or a piece of junk.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
take on a big box store - no return policy. "we don't rent guns" all warranty by manufacturer only. here is there #.

but selling years old "new old stock" might get problematic if xyz company has gone away or changed hands.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Would love to shoot one of those. They look to be a copy of the old Colt snubbies. I think the old Colt grips can be made to fit with little effort also.

He was probably having second thoughts, one of his buddies most likely told him it was trash or a piece of junk.
You're missing the more critical question, which is "Is he married?" :D

I haven't had to run any firearms purchasing decisions past the finance committee for almost 15 years now, but I can recall that making purchases with committee approval could lead to some severe buyers remorse.
:lol2:

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,476 Posts
You're missing the more critical question, which is "Is he married?" :D

I haven't had to run any firearms purchasing decisions past the finance committee for almost 15 years now, but I can recall that making purchases with without committee approval could lead to some severe buyers remorse.
:lol2:
There, Max... I fixed it fer ya!!! :)

I was at a gunstore once when this older gentleman had to return a nice pistol all because he had failed to consult with his "finance committee" beforehand... and said "committee" was evidently quite displeased with his lack of compliance! :eek:

Of course, the gunstore refunded the old gentleman's money... minus a stiff "restocking fee" as although it was "unfired", they could no longer "legally" sell it as NIB... o_O

I stood to the side and watched the whole entire "I gotta bring this back" deal unfold... :(

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
There, Max... I fixed it fer ya!!! :)

I was at a gunstore once when this older gentleman had to return a nice pistol all because he had failed to consult with his "finance committee" beforehand... and said "committee" was evidently quite displeased with his lack of compliance! :eek:

Of course, the gunstore refunded the old gentleman's money... minus a stiff "restocking fee" as although it was "unfired", they could no longer "legally" sell it as NIB... o_O

I stood to the side and watched the whole entire "I gotta bring this back" deal unfold... :(
The above is why I am scared that one day my wife will sell my guns for what she "thinks" I paid for them

Who knew you could get a brand new, never fired Colt Combat Commander for $200 including tax?:hmm:

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
Guess I'm lucky. I've accumulated a few and have never asked beforehand. :)

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
i worked with a guy who bought a shotgun for cheap that a lady was trying to return to Walmart .

years ago my wife fought and won with Walmart for a refund on a gun I had on layaway. now I never buy on lawaway or finance, seems like every time I did we had major problems. if I can't buy it w/cash I don't need it.

·
Premium Member
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes he is married, probably around 30. But I told him that I guarantee what I sell. By that I mean that the function is right. The good ole boys have only owned shot short barreled 9mm and 22s.
They thought that they could just step back 30 yards and hit the bulls eye. I had suspected that they were free hand shooting in 95 degree weather plus got the barrel hot and are not 30 yard shooters with target pistols yet in their shooting career. I also think that the shipping oil had not been completely shot out of the barrel.
That is the first time that I had shot one of those guns, but it impressed me. And if he comes back, I will take it on trade and put it in my truck. The carrying case says Rock Island Armory.

Reactions: rigrat
1 - 16 of 16 Posts