Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right after Obama took office in 2009, ammo and reloading components had a big jump in prices.

I took this picture at Knob Creek in 2009. The price was more than double from the year before and very few people were buying.

The following pictures I took at Simmons Sporting Goods in July 2010.

By 2010 the prices had gotten better and there was plenty of product on the shelves.

Over the years prices continued to fall, which was good.

Fast forward to today....... Prices are extremely high and the shelves are bare. I am thinking when primers get back in stock the new normal price will be around $60/1000. That will suck, but much better than $150+/1000 we see today.

·
Premium Member
14,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What do you think the new normal prices will be for?

223/5.56

9mm

45 Auto

40 S&W

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don’t know but ammo prices are ridiculous around my area in Magee..several shops you can get ammo but it’s ridiculous...I just bought a few box’s of 7.62x39 on impulse..14 bucks a box of 20...hp ..they had plastic bags of 22 100 rounds for 16 bucks. This gouging has got to stop...people love taking advantage of others

·
Registered
383 Posts
People’s greed is what’s causing the shortage. I’ve got 10000 rounds but I better go ahead and get a few more...and when the s**t hits the fan they’ll never be able to carry it...guess they’ll hunker down in there bunker all alon with it and Someone will just pump some carbon dioxide in their air vents and smoke them out and take it...

·
Registered
304 Posts
People’s greed is what’s causing the shortage. I’ve got 10000 rounds but I better go ahead and get a few more...and when the s**t hits the fan they’ll never be able to carry it...guess they’ll hunker down in there bunker all alon with it and Someone will just pump some carbon dioxide in their air vents and smoke them out and take it...
Yeah I’ve been begging people to stop the panic buying and panicking others to do so. When/if things do go pair-shaped someone may have to shoot them and take their stuff and no one wants to have to shoot someone in the face.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah I’ve been begging people to stop the panic buying and panicking others to do so. When/if things do go pair-shaped someone may have to shoot them and take their stuff and no one wants to have to shoot someone in the face.
Agreed

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,531 Posts
So much violence in this thread.....

Reactions: RONIN79

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Might as well spend the years firearms (reloading components. etc.) budget now, 'cause the Dems want to shut down online sales as one of their priorities.

·
Hiding in plain sight.
2,213 Posts
Screenshot from a friend in KY..
3C4C9D63-F71D-48E2-8049-E2FF6704A76C.jpeg

I think $20 for a box of 115 grn plinker 9mm will be common when things restock.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
This is a civil rights issue. Disadvantaged or unemployed shooters from poor communities can't possibly pay $40 a box for 9mm. Wouldn't it be racist for the government to deny access to these essential goods? Don't we have a right to free ammo?

·
Registered
304 Posts
This is a civil rights issue. Disadvantaged or unemployed shooters from poor communities can't possibly pay $40 a box for 9mm. Wouldn't it be racist for the government to deny access to these essential goods? Don't we have a right to free ammo?
Shoot I’ve done well for myself. I’m no high roller by any stretch, but I can’t and won’t pay that kind of money for a drill that takes me seconds to shoot.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I went looking for rifle powder yesterday and today. The only two places I know of around Jackson is bass pro and vans. Bass pro had nothing. Vans had the oddball powder that really don’t work in common calibers A couple places that used to sell were closed down. I’m afraid the idiotsincharge are gonna shut down the ammo supply. I hope I’m wrong

1 - 19 of 19 Posts