Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listen up guys, portions of our state if the projection is correct may become immobilized. Do not travel if not necessary. We're all grown men and can be careful but it's the other fool behind the wheel. Driving is the most dangerous thing we do on a good day, needless to say with the weather coming. Areas of the state will loose electricity. If the tree damage is significant those areas could be without power for days or weeks. Check on your neighbors & loved ones. If you have gas logs or a fireplace I urge you to open your doors to save lives. PLEASE BE CAREFUL & STAY PUT. Emergency responders can not help us with what is coming.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
It's 16 feels like 2 with NNE 13 mph wind with the 7:20 pm update.
Light snow fell most of the day leaving about 3/4". Our next big chance will be between 9 pm and 2 am. Super big chance between 3 am and 4 pm.
I've got 2 large bowls sitting on the grill, it's been a few years since we've made snow cream.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have a primary source of heat (gas or wood) that does not depend on electricity dont forget to leave tubs or jugs full of water to flush toilets with. Keep your phones charged at all times.

·
Premium Member
6,252 Posts
If you have a generator, no dedicated transfer switch, and choose to backfeed your house, be sure and turn off your main breaker so you don’t backfeed the utility and hurt somebody or burn up your generator should power come back on.

Stay safe and warm!

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,498 Posts
Many may already know about this site, I only found out about it a couple weeks ago, National Power Outage Tracking Site Will drill down to the county level state by state.
bucmeister, thank you.
Click on any state and you'll find the counties.
There are 24 Electrical Power providers as are not tracked by this site... and those have a combined total of nearly 240,973 electrical power customers. That's electric meters in service... residential, commercial, and others... and not population, of course.

So... there's an outside chance that your electric service utility provider isn't showing up in the "power outage" numbers reflected on this site... :oops:

Reactions: Jarhead5811

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
I stayed up late last night watching for the snow to start again. Could see lots of cat pawl prints on the patio. I woke up at 8:30 and saw light snow coming down. There's a 4X4 laying on the ground between the fire pit and chair, I could see over half of it's thickness. Back to bed until 10:15. Now I can't see the 4X4. The roof on the portable carport that stores my table saw is upside down. It will stay like that until the melt.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts