Premium Member
2,571 Posts
It was 3 deg at 0800 here in OB when I took the dog outside. 🥶

It's a balmy 7 degrees now!

Reactions: canebreaker

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
WMCTV5 isn't showing anything in AR, LA or MS. But the first few hours of our snow we were in a clear zone.
At 10 pm we'll be in a 10% zone, 7 am 60%, 40, 50, 60 and 70% thru 9 am Thursday. That's how far they update.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Our power just came on, we had pretty much exactly 24 hours without power. The sleep I got after shutting the generator down last night was some of the best I’ve had in a long time.
I sleep well in a cool house, but not in a COLD house! 🥶

Glad to read your power is back on in time for the next round of weather.

Stay frosty ... as they say, sort of. 😉

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Local news at noon took a tour of the walmart in Southaven. Not very many cars in the parking lot and a line of people waiting to go in. When 1 person comes out a person can go in. Didn't say what the in store limit was. No milk, bread or ramen noodles. Produce looked to be picked over heavy and the rest of the grocery section looked like it hasn't been stocked in days.
One of Debbie's face book friends in Memphis posted photos of their walmart. Plenty of milk, the rest of the grocery section is empty.

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
For Christmas Debbie got a queen size throw, the foot area is piled lined and stitched for a pocket. Last night at 11 we pulled the covers back, laid a blanket across the fitted sheet, laid the throw on then brought the covers back up. Reset the thermostat to 55 and crawled into bed. One middle of the night bathroom run and slept until 9:20 this morning. I slept great.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
Below freezing outdoor temps may kill the Chinese bat virus, but I'll be danged if I'm doing any outdoors dining anytime soon!

<sarc>

Reactions: canebreaker

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
It just started snowing again in Olive Branch. 🥶:confused:

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
Coming down pretty good now.
I took the trash container to the street yesterday. Had to dig out a 22" drift to open the gate. Brought the shovel around to the patio and cleared a path from the door to the edge. Can't see the concrete now.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Been raining for the past two hours at Eagle Lake north of Vicksburg. Ice building up on power lines & trees. Im afraid its matter of time on our power.

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
I just got a call from Entergy about reducing energy usage immediately or they would have to start rolling blackouts.

·
Registered
464 Posts
lol, please stop using all that energy that you are paying for.
Seems counter productive for them but they will sometimes pay industrial electricity users to reduce their usage. But some how it’s cheaper than meeting the demand at peek load.

·
Premium Member
3,875 Posts
Seems counter productive for them but they will sometimes pay industrial electricity users to reduce their usage. But some how it’s cheaper than meeting the demand at peek load.
A guy I work with used to work at Grand Gulf. He says it's really hard to scale up output. He tried to explain why it's so hard to change a plant's output, but I zoned out after a couple of minutes. Darn engineers. 🤣

·
Premium Member
6,251 Posts
From my experience engineers are only good at messing everything up.
Naw, it’s just that every time we engineer something idiot proof, they create a better idiot!

Either that, or the accountants and/or managers won’t pay for the right design / fix.

Price, quality, schedule...pick two. You can guess which two get picked.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,023 Posts
LOL, you must be a different type engineer than what I've seen offshore. We have sub-sea engineers that can't even hook up a PBOF cable without messing it up so the electricians have to do it for them.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,491 Posts
The engineers that I have know seem to have trouble understanding that sometimes 💩 doesn’t go according to plan. When you ask them what to do when their precious process doesn’t work, and examples when it wouldn’t , they look at you like you are the asshole for injecting reality into their fantasy.

·
Premium Member
14,557 Posts
Naw, it’s just that every time we engineer something idiot proof, they create a better idiot!

Either that, or the accountants and/or managers won’t pay for the right design / fix.

Price, quality, schedule...pick two. You can guess which two get picked.

What Stew said plus.......

The design is good. The building is where problems happen.......

41 - 60 of 78 Posts