Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weatherby Mark V in 270 Weatherby Mag followed me home tonight...has had a bout 50 rds through it

Fella at work has the "hots" for a Nightforce scope

Leupold Vari X III in 3 x 9 x 40

I have no idea why I "needed it"

Guess 300 - 400 yard deer kills should not be an issue now...if I do my part

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Nice looking rifle. Now go buy some of that expensive ammo! :lol4:

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep about $80 a box for the good stuff Barnes TSX...others about $60...weatherby has dropped the price of their ammo a good bit lately

Got some dies with the deal so I'm gonna reload for her...won't get as high velosity as Weatherby ammo...but I bet I can get her to shoot eventually...suppose to be pretty fine just like it is right now...we will see I guess....

It was my co-workers "bucks only" gun

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
There must be a sign attached to your truck that says "all guns get in line and follow your leader, thats me now lets go"

nice looking piece. now you don't need that 300Win Mag cause you got better now.
Congrats...

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some western states won't allow elk hunting unless you have a 30 cal...so I still "need" the 300.

what we need is to organize a msgunowners.com Colorado Elk hunting trip for '11

Bought my 1st box of $79 Weatherby 270 Mag ammo with Barnes TSX.....ouch...Thank God I can buy 50 TSX bullets for about $42....This baby is definately on the must reload list

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gracias

Gonna shoot her a couple times in the am...she'd better be on! :lol3:

I'm told she is....range report later tomorrow...

The action is pretty sweet...I'm "working it" :drool: right now....

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
off topic... neck, EZ pawn in pearl had a bunch of Rem 700s the other day. one was a 300 winny. i know you already got one... im just sayin...

back to topic. thats a nice lookin rifle! i love weatherbys!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I had at one time a 257 and 300 weatherby they performed outstanding with reloads, they could really reach out there. 500 was no problem

1 - 13 of 13 Posts