Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems two handguns will follow me home when I get back home next month.

Price was right I couldn't pass up. A handshake and $1 for each.

one is a H&R Victor .32s&w. Never seen one before....funny looking, seems like a loading gate is missing on the right side, but that's how it's designed. Have to dig in to see how old it is Looks pre -40's easily.

The other is a S&W mod 37 airweight .38 spl. bluing is great...just a tad of wear on the crown from being stored in holster. Story is it was a female sheriffs duty weapon. I'll have to look up the ser# to get a age on it. but guessing from details of story in the 50's maybe.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well.....reading the sticky in the Handgun section....if I'm reading this correctly the S&W was made/manufactured/assembled in 1937?

407xxx

·
Banned
1,268 Posts
well.....reading the sticky in the Handgun section....if I'm reading this correctly the S&W was made/manufactured/assembled in 1937?

407xxx
Don't think the Model 37 Airweight was introduced till the early 1950's The Model 36 was introduced in 1950

Reactions: 94LEVERFAN

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah...that's what I thought...till I looked at that sticky on ser#....

and S&W wants me to send in $75 to "research"....nahhhhhhhh

I can put that towards a gun I want to buy from a member here, if he still has it

·
Premium Member
13,551 Posts
According to the SCSW the 37 was made from 1951-2005. The no-prefix serial numbers ended in 1969 at 786544. Number 295000 was made in 1962. That's as close a it narrows it down.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have you shot the 32? I got an old 32 S&W from my wife great uncle. It was originally nickle plated but had rusted thru so bad only maybe 15% was left. Had a gunsmith cerakote it a gunmetal gray turn out awesome looking. Especially with the ivory grips on it.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I had a H&R in .32S&W long a couple of lifetimes ago...it always went bang when you pulled the trigger...and the 32 ammo was a plenty back then....I can’t remember when the last time that I saw any on a shelf anywhere.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Have you shot the 32? I got an old 32 S&W from my wife great uncle. It was originally nickle plated but had rusted thru so bad only maybe 15% was left. Had a gunsmith cerakote it a gunmetal gray turn out awesome looking. Especially with the ivory grips on it.
No to shooting it as yet, not getting back home till mid of next month. But it does lock up tight, and rust free, just all the blue is off, a gun metal patena all over. Will buff it out with sumguy lube when I get home.

What's interesting about that one is every photo I see, it has baklite grips, this has wood. I thought they might be replacements, but they have same ser# engraved in same hand on metal and wood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts