Premium Member
4,659 Posts
👍👍👍

Reactions: Glkfan

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put it next to my M&P compact for comparison and realize mag capacity was same in S+ with much less gun to carry. Kinda makes the compact obsolete.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had talked myself out of this but I was in Prentiss today and he had just got this in about an hour before I got there. Not much thicker than the original Shield and the new trigger is really good.
View attachment 267586
Congratulations very nice! I had the original but didn’t have that kind of capacity and the PC versions are way better IMO. I just bought a gen5 g23 mos thinking I could get conversion barrels and they don’t even make them for it yet 😢.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I put it next to my M&P compact for comparison and realize mag capacity was same in S+ with much less gun to carry. Kinda makes the compact obsolete.
This is definitely the direction the industry is heading. Mico Compact double stacks or guns like the Shield Plus will replace the typical subcompact and single stack pistol. Being about as big as most of them and holding far more rounds, why bother investing in something that gives you less these days? The sub compact though may be harder to replace for one major reason... magazine compatibility with the larger double stack guns. But, for carrying flush fit mags, there's no need I'd say.

Best example is a Glock 26 vs a Glock 43X. X has a longer grip yes, but still tucks away nicely and is far more comfortable to hold and shoot. Next big step will be making guns optics ready or coming pre mounted out of the box.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
What is the red behind the slide lock/release lever?
Looks like the top of the (empty) magazine follower to me, or maybe a snap cap round or empty chamber flag?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got grins I took my new shield+ and my M&P 9 compact out back today to shoot them side by side. I had an old box of Speer lawman 9mm +P HP that so I would know what each felt like with full power loads. I could tell little difference from the two pistols. I’ll have to think about this as it makes my 9c redundant.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another observation and after watching Julie Golobs video I did discover that this might be the best grip configuration that Smith has ever came up with. I shot it once again side by side with my 9c and it feels and handles much better. The new stippling is just right, I did not like the super aggressive stippling n my full size 9, it was uncomfortable . I know it sounds like I’m sold on the Shield +, well I am! I’ve made a decision about the 9c too, I’m keeping it too.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put another 100 rds through Shield Plus today. No hiccups and it shoots accurately too. This is the best feeling, best recoiling compact I’ve ever shot and Ive shot a lot of them. The grip is the most comfortable also.
Just an FYI. Thanks

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,491 Posts
I have a 40 caliber Shield with the crimson trace laser and lifetime free batteries. I love it. Problem is I have hid it from myself . Another reason to buy a new safe. Yes I like the S&W M&P shield too.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Don’t own these but I saw one of these the other day. The grip is maybe a 1/4 inch wider than the older ones but holds 5 more rounds and the 220 grit sandpaper feel on the grip is nice.... the sights are nice..... and I was dry firing it next to the hellcat and the sig 365 and this was (to me) noticeably a better trigger than the sig and slightly better than the hellcat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts