Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Rational Anarchist
14,585 Posts
I’ve carried quite a variety but I’m down to two carry guns, a Glock 19, and a Sig P365 w/XL grip frame. (Makes it similar in size to a 43X) That Glock hasn’t left the drawer it lives in but a handful of times in the last few months. I badly want a P365XL but just haven’t got Around to getting one, yet. It would be the ultimate carry gun, for me.

·
MSGO Court Jester
40,251 Posts
That's like asking which compact car is best for a daily driver. But I'll throw :2cents: in the ring. S&W M&P 2.0 Compact .40.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,306 Posts
I switch up from a Beretta 25acp or Beretta 32acp Tomcat in my right pocket. For concealed power I like my S&W Shield 40 cal. I just got a new Bianchi codura type hip holster with my Taurus 7 round 2 inch barrel, 38special and with a shirt over it, I cannot see its image in the mirror. I have several high capacity semi autos that I would carry in a dangerous place. But in this day and time, any place could be dangerous.Back in the 80s I sometimes carried my S&W 686 in public in a Bianchi shoulder holster. With a jacket on, I never got asked what I was carrying unless I opened my jacket and wanted it seen. The right pistol in the right holster and belt you can carry almost any handgun. But since we are getting older, I really like the ones not heavy.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,687 Posts
I’ve been carrying a g19 but it’s kinda to heavy for when I take off running or plying around what a better one that still hold a good amount of rounds
What does this question have to do with "Gunsmithing"...??? :confused:

But since you've inquired.... a S&W J-frame revolver. Centennial or Bodyguard version... ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like my Walther P40. It single stack but is really compact. I also have a Keltec PF-9 that I carry alot. One thing to remember is if heaven forbid you have to use it, you will lose it to the police. May get it back, may not. Another reason I like my Keltec PF-9.

·
Custodial Engineer at Third Monkey Outfitters
3,103 Posts
My G43 sits in the safe now. If I don't feel comfortable with my 19, I now tote a Hellcat. For super light, an LCPII. And by super light I mean... at the creek... shorts and no shirt....
Love the Hellcat. PRP now makes a trigger kit for it as well. Haven't bought it yet, as I'm happy with the stock one so far.

·
ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT
3,555 Posts
I’ve been carrying a g19 but it’s kinda to heavy for when I take off running or plying around what a better one that still hold a good amount of rounds
What kind of holster do you use for the 19?

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
For me it’s my Shield 9mm. If I’m in running shorts it’s a Ruger LCRx .38.

·
Registered
11,538 Posts
Dang, don't think I've ever heard anyone say a plastic fantastic is too heavy. How big a boy are ya? If you're a little fella, guess that makes sense. Got a buddy uses one of those sticky holsters (forget the brand), swears by it.

·
ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT
3,555 Posts
This. Running and moving around shouldn't be an issue with A quality holster and belt
They are both equally important. I’ve done flips on a trampoline with my 26 holstered. I frequently run 3 miles with it tucked away in a CB AIWB holster. I could do it with the 19 if I had to but at 5’4” and 130lbs it’s not optimum.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts