close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are we?

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by GunnyGene, Apr 21, 2016.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

I've never been happy with being called a "Gun Owner". Yes, I possess firearms. I also possess power tools and other things, but does that mean I should be categorized as a "Power Tool Owner". Or a Car Owner?

The term "Gun Owner" these days is quite often used against us, as if possessing a firearm somehow makes us "Bad Guys".

So I've decided that I'll no longer accept being called a "Gun Owner". After much thought, I've concluded that "Freedom Owner" is really what I am, if others insist on categorizing me.

My reasoning for this is that Freedom is what I value most. I went to war for it, shed blood for it, and in my opinion that gives me the right to claim some portion of ownership of it. Ownership of something also carries the responsibility to ensure it's proper use, maintenance, and function. Firearms help to serve that purpose.

CajunBP, phillipd, Hrdnox and 10 others like this.
  2. Boudreaux

Boudreaux ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT

I like it Gunny.

phillipd and Blondie70 like this.

3. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

Nice, personally I just refer to myself as an American. Hate getting caught up in all the "classifications". Drive on!

wllmkttrll, Blondie70 and mascott like this.
  4. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    Or....

Americans who have chosen to retain their rights by not voluntarily forfeiting their freedoms when said forfeiture is to the benefit of those who are ignorant and/or self serving.

It's a bit wordy but more accurate than "gun owner".

5. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

If I am forced to wear a title then I'm a freedom loving redneck from Mississippi and damn proud of it!

6. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

7. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

I don't know about y'all, but I'm a "Radical Fire-Breathing Gun Nut with an Eagle Eye and a Touchy Trigger Finger"! :rolleyes:

Blondie70, 45flattop, BasMstr and 2 others like this.
  8. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Hmmm...at my advanced age, I might have deteriorated to a "Mole Eye and a Twitchy Trigger Finger", though. :groan:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  9. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    Man, that would be the best western movie ever. "The Mole-Eyed Rifleman"

phillipd, sand_man, Blondie70 and 4 others like this.
  10. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Actually, I think Mississippi Redneck would cover it. You won't find many that don't cherish freedom or don't own a gun. I could care less whether the general public outside the South understand the ramifications.

usmc-nav, phillipd, Vick and 4 others like this.
  11. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I'm a Citizen of the free State of Mississippi.

12. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

"if i'm gonna die for a word, then my words poontang" ANIMAL MOTHER

I think you mean this:

Libertarianism is a political philosophy that upholds liberty as its principal objective. Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and freedom of choice, emphasizing political freedom, voluntary association, and the primacy of individual judgment.

but then you got to let the druggies do drugs and the fuzzies rub their winkies together o_O

13. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

And let Putin rule the world.................and we lose in the end.

...................................................THE END

14. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

FIN without ever firing a shot I believe is what was said.

you need not tell me of communist conspiracies for the new world order, I am a believer......

15. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

Might be unpopular statements I'm about to make but here goes nothing.

I spend a fair amount of time on a website dedicated to guns and shooting myself (here I am). Don't spend ANY time on a powertool forum; how about you?

Not to disrespect your service (I served myself) but I hear all the time how people are off in some far off land fighting for our freedom and I often wonder what freedom are they fighting for over there? I have yet to see armed invasion on American soil or any type enslaving action by outside forces toward Americans (outside forces; key words those. Only threat to my freedom that I can see is by my own government). What I do see are American forces being deployed against other peoples freedom because we don't agree with their ideology and WE know we are right.

Now I suppose that one could argue that 9/11 was an attack on our freedom; but could it more likely have been a desperate attempt to stop the self appointed policemen of the world (that would be America) from interfering and manipulating (with) the internal politics of their country? Who did what first? Did they attack unprovoked or did the CIA etc start manipulating first? America has more military bases outside its boarders than just about any other country has inside their boarders. Are they there for our freedom? Are they there to influence the rest of the world? Just how much money do we send around the world? And why do we; to protect our FREEDOM? Really?

16. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

The radical muslim sects have vowed to destroy any and all who are not part of their ideology. They have proved that over and over. Our politicians have sent our fighting men and women overseas to stop this. But they have tied the hands of the military to do what is needed to destroy this enemy. What should be done? Number one is unleash the full fury of our military on the crackpots and let them be done with it. Number two is to remove them from here. We have become the dumping ground for unwanted illegals and the radicals are coming in with them. If they do not have papers, ship them out! Let the Arab nations take care of the refuges of their area. Our left leaning politicians have pushed our country to the point of no return and we see the resentment of the few good people left. It's supposed to be government of the people by the people but it's become government against the people! We have allowed the US to become what it is. No one is to blame but ourselves.

CajunBP, patchz, maxhush and 3 others like this.
  17. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

A statement I can wholeheartedly agree with