Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1981 - 2000 of 2050 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ill have to check these out. What do you usually catch on those spinners?
Bass, crappie, and interestingly I’ve caught many catfish with them. Stupid catfish will eat anything.

Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
I worked in the Sporting Goods section of Walmart for several years (Hattiesburg). Ozark Trail is Walmart's "Private Label" product, and as big as Walmart is, I'm sure they have the major manufacturers (Rapala, Mepp's, Arbogast, Strike King, etc.) building their private-label products for them. You're probably saving over 80% buy purchasing Ozark Trail branded lures instead of name-brand. They're probably made on the exact same assembly line by the exact same people at the exact same time.

These all come with Eagle Claw hooks. I've bought the inline spinners, cranks, spinner baits, poppers, stick baits, frogs - haven't tried the soft plastics yet.

I've bought several Ozark Trail branded items. Lures, insulated cups, coolers - they've all been just as good as, if not better than, the "name brand" stuff.

Side note, I noticed yesterday that they're making a lot more boat related products, too.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Yeah me too. I have 12 80%ers but need a couple of the above. Everyone is out around here.
Thought I'd stop by the local gun shop/range on my way back from PT this AM. They had one PA lower in the back, no package but scored it for $89.00+ tax.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
12? No one needs that many. When some people (me) don't have any 😬
I am more than willing to help a Brother in need-esp in this day n age. I have 11 of the billet lowers from 80% arms(in the raw) and one Anderson.(Blk) Sell ya one for what I paid if you'd like.

Reactions: BasMstr

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I’ve had opportunity to buy 80% in bulk before but it didn’t make sense when I could get a ready to go lower cheaper. Often much cheaper
It all depends on what a guy wants Bro. I have been working with my hands since I was a boy, and God has gifted me with a bit of talent in that regard. Firearms is my only hobby now and I like to do everything related to them that I possibly can. I like to machine the 80%ers. It's fun to me just like boolit casting and reloading. I purchase a lot of parts kits and machine whatever is needed to make a functioning firearm-it's just what I do. I don't care or think about cost per se as long as it's fun for me. Suppose that's why I have the complete set ups to Cerakote, Duracoat, Parkerizing and Hot Blue along with the machining equipment.
It's just frigg'in fun.

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
It all depends on what a guy wants Bro. I have been working with my hands since I was a boy, and God has gifted me with a bit of talent in that regard. Firearms is my only hobby now and I like to do everything related to them that I possibly can. I like to machine the 80%ers. It's fun to me just like boolit casting and reloading. I purchase a lot of parts kits and machine whatever is needed to make a functioning firearm-it's just what I do. I don't care or think about cost per se as long as it's fun for me. Suppose that's why I have the complete set ups to Cerakote, Duracoat, Parkerizing and Hot Blue along with the machining equipment.
It's just frigg'in fun.
I have too on most of that, but I’ll always take the most practical way especially if it’s cheaper to start with. I never got into parts kits, didn’t have the budget when they were readily available and now I don’t hav access to all the tools I used to. I’ll have a lathe again before long and at least a import mill.

·
MSGO Court Jester
38,032 Posts
Stupid catfish will eat anything.
I figured that out when I was a kid and first found out about bloodbait. 🐬

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
That mini crank bait is a creek bass's worst nightmare!
They have the green, a red (my favorite on creeks), a silver/black back, gold/black back, and a tan/black back in the minis. I was really surprised how true they all ran. Only had one that’s run a little to the right, and its one of the bigger deeper divers.

This is what I take in the kayak. All these are Ozark Trail lures

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
That mini crank bait is a creek bass's worst nightmare!
These are my recent Ozark Trail crank bait and stick bait purchases for my lake/pond tackle box. Don’t have any pics of the frogs, lol

I buy 2-3 of each damn near every time I go to Walmart. Gonna put a box together to mail up to New River for Bobcat, and also stuffing a stocking for my son in law when he gets back from Guam.

·
Premium Member
10,225 Posts
These are my recent Ozark Trail crank bait and stick bait purchases for my lake/pond tackle box. Don’t have any pics of the frogs, lol

I buy 2-3 of each damn near every time I go to Walmart. Gonna put a box together to mail up to New River for Bobcat, and also stuffing a stocking for my son in law when he gets back from Guam.

View attachment 244582
Don't you have too break in first, 😉

·
Premium Member
13,326 Posts
Saw this one in a pawn shop yesterday but didn’t look at it. After reading about it I figured out they had it priced a couple hundred to low so I had to go get it at lunch. Looked like they priced it based on the standard model without the threaded barrel or red dot. It’s dirty on the outside but after tearing it down I’m not sure it’s been fired. The battery for the sight is still in the package. FN 509 Compact Tactical with Vortex Viper.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
9,907 Posts
Saw this one in a pawn shop yesterday but didn’t look at it. After reading about it I figured out they had it priced a couple hundred to low so I had to go get it at lunch. Looked like they priced it based on the standard model without the threaded barrel or red dot. It’s dirty on the outside but after tearing it down I’m not sure it’s been fired. The battery for the sight is still in the package. FN 509 Compact Tactical with Vortex Viper.

View attachment 245217

View attachment 245218

View attachment 245219
Dang some have all the luck.

Only thing I bought today was a Covid double nasal swab test

1981 - 2000 of 2050 Posts