Mississippi Gun Owners banner

2061 - 2078 of 2078 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
A couple of weeks ago a friend (maybe ex-friend now) told me he saw a Marlin lever action in a local store with a good price on it. I decided to go have a look at it even though I don't buy new guns and wasn't interested in a Remlin. This is what I found...

An 1894 in .44 mag and a pair of GBL's in .45-70. What shocked me was they had pre-Covid prices on them. I had to go to a meeting so I didn't have time to look at them. I finally had a chance to get back over there today. I was expecting them to be gone but all three were still there. The display ones were all they had and all three had a few dings in them. He said they would knock off 10% because of the marks. Now there was the decision of which to get. I hate those kind of decisions so this happened.
IMG_1887.JPG

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
A couple of weeks ago a friend (maybe ex-friend now) told me he saw a Marlin lever action in a local store with a good price on it. I decided to go have a look at it even though I don't buy new guns and wasn't interested in a Remlin. This is what I found...
View attachment 251171

An 1894 in .44 mag and a pair of GBL's in .45-70. What shocked me was they had pre-Covid prices on them. I had to go to a meeting so I didn't have time to look at them. I finally had a chance to get back over there today. I was expecting them to be gone but all three were still there. The display ones were all they had and all three had a few dings in them. He said they would knock off 10% because of the marks. Now there was the decision of which to get. I hate those kind of decisions so this happened.
View attachment 251172
You obviously have a sickness Marty, I will volunteer to help with it by buying that 44 off of you. 😁

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts
View attachment 251171

View attachment 251172
You know, my birthday was yesterday, Marty - and I just happen to wear a size .45/70

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Got my Christmas present. These two have been sitting in a local pawn shop for a while. I couldn't stand to see them homeless for Christmas so we made a deal. He must have been in the Christmas spirit since I got a much better deal than I was expecting. A 1972 Winchester 9422 ('72 was 1st year they made it) and a 1980 Marlin 336. That scope and see thru rings will be coming off when I get a chance to clean it up.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Picked up a couple of boxes of ammo for one of my old S&W's yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
7,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
I don't think I have even seen 32 Rimfire ammo before. Nice SCORE ! ! !

How old do you think that ammo is?

This was made in Canada and was imported into the ‘80’s.

2061 - 2078 of 2078 Posts