Mississippi Gun Owners banner
2401 - 2420 of 2498 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
The 1858 at the top. Was going to get the San Marco but read were the quality is terrible.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
The 1858 at the top. Was going to get the San Marco but read were the quality is terrible.

View attachment 290147
I like it. Looks good in blued. My 1858 is a stainless, which I like for corrosion resistance, but just doesn't look nearly as good as yours. Is yours a Pietta or Uberti or something else.

Regarding the Armi San Marcos guns, Marty @22lrfan has a couple that are nice. I fondled them at the M&G at Randy's @Southern Reloading place a few years back. Only thing about ASM, is that I've never seen a conversion cylinder for them, if you decided to go that route.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Thanks its a Pietta. I like it for less than $300 wasn't a bad deal. That and you just about can't find the 5.5" barrel right now everywhere is sold out. The price on the ASM is pretty good @ $175 but I hear parts are scarce and the quality isn't what the others are. I do love a sheriff model open top though. Not sure if I'm going to get a conversion cylinder right now or just go ahead and buy it a brother to keep it company. I'm thinking maybe a big brother with 8" barrel. Eventually I'll more than likely get a gated or a pale rider conversion cylinder. May get a regular conversion cylinder if I find one I like the price of.

Reactions: Twang

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
Thanks its a Pietta. I like it for less than $300 wasn't a bad deal. That and you just about can't find the 5.5" barrel right now everywhere is sold out. The price on the ASM is pretty good @ $175 but I hear parts are scarce and the quality isn't what the others are. I do love a sheriff model open top though. Not sure if I'm going to get a conversion cylinder right now or just go ahead and buy it a brother to keep it company. I'm thinking maybe a big brother with 8" barrel. Eventually I'll more than likely get a gated or a pale rider conversion cylinder. May get a regular conversion cylinder if I find one I like the price of.
I would definitely want a gated-type conversion cylinder on an open top gun, but on a 1858, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me. You can take the cylinder out so quickly and easily on a 1858, whereas on the open tops, it's more of a PITA. You've got to have a mallet to whack the pin out, then take the whole barrel/lever assembly off the gun to remove the cylinder.

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
I'm guessing the middle one is the ASM Sherrif model? With that sleeker, rack-and-pinion style loading lever, it looks like either an 1860 Army or 1861 Navy.

What's the maker/price on the bottom one? It looks like an 1851 Colt Navy w/ 7.5" barrel.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I'm guessing the middle one is the ASM Sherrif model? With that sleeker, rack-and-pinion style loading lever, it looks like either an 1860 Army or 1861 Navy.

What's the maker/price on the bottom one? It looks like an 1851 Colt Navy w/ 7.5" barrel.
Pietta. $225 plus $20 shipping. But, it was the first one sold. I was thinking about the 1858, but Rig beat me to it. Congrats, rigrat, that's a nice piece!

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
I would definitely want a gated-type conversion cylinder on an open top gun, but on a 1858, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to me. You can take the cylinder out so quickly and easily on a 1858, whereas on the open tops, it's more of a PITA. You've got to have a mallet to whack the pin out, then take the whole barrel/lever assembly off the gun to remove the cylinder.
Yeah not that big of a deal with the 1858.

LOL, Hoot beat me to it $225+20 shipping. And the ASM was a 1860.

Pietta. $225 plus $20 shipping. But, it was the first one sold. I was thinking about the 1858, but Rig beat me to it. Congrats, rigrat, that's a nice piece!
I thought about passing on it then I was like you been looking for that config for 3 weeks and haven't found it yet. So I got it. I was trying to hold out for Midwayusa to get them in as they are overdue right now. Since I bought this one they will surely be in stock within the week. ;)

Reactions: Twang and Hoot G

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Brown Wood Motor vehicle Flooring Font

beretta a300

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Ordered this today:

Couldn't afford the Beretta Tomcat Inox or Covert version.

Reactions: Hoot G and rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
Ordered this today:

Couldn't afford the Beretta Inox or Covert version.
You will forget it is in your pocket. I almost do with thier 380 and the 32 is smaller yet. Would make a great ankle gun or front pocket.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
You will forget it is in your pocket. I almost do with thier 380 and the 32 is smaller yet. Would make a great ankle gun or front pocket.
My plan for it is an ankle gun/BUG.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Beretta A400 Xcel Parallel Target in 12 gauge w/30” barrel and Beretta’s Kick-Off recoil reducing system. Thanks to Cole Fine Guns and Gunsmithing out of Maine.

Probably not what serious clay shooters would have picked, but I’m a sucker for quirky Italian stuff, and this gun just points so well for me. I was smitten with the A400 Parallel Target 3 years ago when I first handled one, and have been pining for one of my own ever since.

Wood Hardwood Gun accessory Automotive exterior Auto part

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
The other day I bought a 5-shot 45 colt, 1858 conversion cylinder, and a crossdraw holster.

Tin Cylinder Camera accessory Gas Composite material

Wood Purple Bicycle saddle Magenta Dress shoe

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts
double post

2401 - 2420 of 2498 Posts