Mississippi Gun Owners banner
2441 - 2460 of 2498 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
New eyeglasses (lenses & frames).

It's a beautiful world again!
May I ask about details? My wife just got new lenses and they were nearly $500 at Wal-Mart. She does have bi or tri-phocals, tint and who knows what else added. I just thought that was crazy. I told her to get contacts next time. Ha
She can get whatever she wants though, she's a keeper and well worth it.

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
May I ask about details? My wife just got new lenses and they were nearly $500 at Wal-Mart. She does have bi or tri-phocals, tint and who knows what else added. I just thought that was crazy. I told her to get contacts next time. Ha
Check out these:
Affordable Glasses & Sunglasses for Everyone | Zenni Optical
Coastal | Glasses & Contact Lenses
Kits.com | Shop High-Quality Glasses, Contacts & Eyewear

Over the past several years, I have ordered prescription glasses from all of these sites. I get a copy of my prescription from my eye doctor and go to Walmart Vision Center to try on frames. When I find a pair that look good and are comfortable, I copy down the measurements off the frames, i.e., bridge width, lens height & width, temple length, etc. Then I go to one of the above linked sites and find frames with the same measurements and ordered the glasses online.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
Actually, that $$$ sounds about right.

I'm on Medicare, but I also have additional vision insurance (I pay for it monthly).

Those plan benefits kept my out-of-pocket/shared cost under $200 from a local optician for scratch-resistant, progressive (no line bifocals), transition lenses + frames.

My eye exam was separate, but at no cost to me under my Medicare PPO.

It's just the cost of being old (70) in my case.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25 and Vortex precision matched riflescope rings

Reactions: oldguns and 2A_1791

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Well apparently the other day I didn’t order a Lee 270 win quick trim die. I ordered a Lee 270 win factory crimp. No harm I guess, so updated for today: actually ordered Lee 270 win quick trim die. /facepalm

·
Registered
243 Posts
@live2hunt , On no. Did the test indicate which variant? They “say” omicron is way less severe than delta.

Also, what about the monoclonal “cocktail” ? Or other meds they prescribe?

No matter which variant, hopefully you’ll feel better quickly sir.

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
@Twang

Congrats! We're gonna need a reliability report.
I put about a hundred rounds of Winchester Super-X through it Thursday morning, with no hiccups. I want to build my ammo stash up a little more before I go too crazy. I've got some Federal Lightning, Federal Auto-Match, CCI Mini-Mags, and some Winchester Wildcats to run through it, but I don't have a LOT of any one kind . . . yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Leupold 2.5-8x32 handgun scope and rings, 800 CCI Short Target, 200 CCI CB Caps, and 100 Hornady 38 cal 110gr XTP. Lunch at Cracker Barrel (country fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, and turnip greens)

2441 - 2460 of 2498 Posts