Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1781 - 1800 of 1827 Posts

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,670 Posts
$19K worth of Pomalyst pills for my cancer treatment, that's only 21 pills.too 😱 Sure glad I already met my out of pocket expenses back in Jan.

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
$19K worth of Pomalyst pills for my cancer treatment, that's only 21 pills.too 😱 Sure glad I already met my out of pocket expenses back in Jan.
I canT like this post.
There’s no way something like that cost that much! I hope the folks setting that price burn way down south!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
My wife's aunt across the fence is in a similar situation-although not as costly as yours. I can't fathom that and don't have the PC type of words to properly reply on this board. But I am sorry for your illness and the way you're being treated by big pharma.

·
19,670 Posts
My wife's aunt across the fence is in a similar situation-although not as costly as yours. I can't fathom that and don't have the PC type of words to properly reply on this board. But I am sorry for your illness and the way you're being treated by big pharma.
Prices for cancer drugs (all drugs really) in the U.S. are indecent.

Oh, I didn't have to pay $19k why I said "$19K worth" ,that's what my insurance paid Kroger Pharmacy..Guess I should have worded that better so people didn't think I paid $19K., but I did order it yesterday and get it in today....lol If had to pay that, I sure as hell couldn't afford it.Just really pissed me off when I saw the receipt.
Kroger charged BSBS $49K they paid $19K and the $30K difference went poof somewhere...lol That just shows how much they overcharge for drugs if they can discount it $30K. .

·
Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
Kroger charged BSBS $49K they paid $19K and the $30K difference went poof somewhere...lol That just shows how much they overcharge for drugs if they can discount it $30K. .
It's certainly not going to pharmacist. I talked with @medicine man at length about this the other day when I picked up the XD(m) Springfield. He said the insurance companies often pay the pharmacist just PENNIES over the replacement cost of ordering the medication. . . . barely enough to cover the cost of the bottles, caps, and labels required to fill the prescription - - much less the salary for the pharmacy tech who helped fill the order.
I don't know who's pockets are getting lined by these exorbitant prices . . . probably the insurance executives pharmacy company CEO's.

·
19,670 Posts
It's certainly not going to pharmacist. I talked with @medicine man at length about this the other day when I picked up the XD(m) Springfield. He said the insurance companies often pay the pharmacist just PENNIES over the replacement cost of ordering the medication. . . . barely enough to cover the cost of the bottles, caps, and labels required to fill the prescription - - much less the salary for the pharmacy tech who helped fill the order.
I don't know who's pockets are getting lined by these exorbitant prices . . . probably the insurance executives pharmacy company CEO's.
I would guess the pharmaceutical companies if goes anywhere, they are ones charging the pharmacy the exorbitant prices they have to pass on to the customers.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,970 Posts
A couple of extra mags for my XD45 from themagshack.com .

One can never have too many guns, too much ammo or too many mags, IMO.

1781 - 1800 of 1827 Posts