Mississippi Gun Owners banner
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Those "Swedish Mauser pills" came out looking nice. I think you are getting the hang of casting.

Rifle bullets can be a PITA to cast..................

Thanks. Definitely some frosting but that kinda lets me know my temp until I break down and get a thermometer or build a PID. The long narrow Swedes definitely are harder to get and keep right than the fatter 30 cal

·
Registered
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Academy has propane stands for $30 if anyone is looking for a heat source

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Was just saying that's what it's for...to shoot in my 357, but they will be sized .358 for the powder coat. Got a Dan Wesson with an 8 inch barrel and a 2x7 scope I'll try them in to test both accuracy and leading. Got 500 more I'll try lube on sized at .358 and .359.

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
My first rifle bullets I've cast and powder coated. These are 30 cal 184 grain gas check sized at .308 then powder coated to bring them to .311-.313. Only sizing die I have right now is a .308 as my .309 and .310 are on backorder. Going to try and shoot these as coated in a 1903 and 7.65 Argentine Mauser. These are out of WW with BHN of around 13.

Plant Green Grass Tableware Test tube

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Finished running the lead out of my pot to make 589 40 cal 165 grain PB. I'm draining the pot so I can try some of the range lead I'm going to try and smelt this weekend to see if it will cast bullets. Going to powder coat these with PBTP Gold, Yellow-Green (Zombie Green) and going to try White Aluminum (Silver).

Automotive tire Rim Pattern Metal Auto part

201 - 220 of 247 Posts