Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 1415 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Loaded and shot 405 grain Shooters Bullets in a 45-70 with 13 grains of Trail Boss. Sighted in my 1895 guide gun with a ghost ring for hogs at 50 yards. Getting 2" - 2 1/2" groups which is all I can do with the ghost ring. Plan on using it on short range hogs in the palmetto's in the swamps...here piggy, piggy, piggy.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Trying to tweak a load for my 6br with Berger 95gr & Reloader 15. Also loaded some more 6BRX for testing at 300, Sierra 107 MK with Reloader 15.

Reactions: Shrek and Soonered

·
Premium Member
13,177 Posts
6.5X55 for my Swedish Mauser's. Getting ready for the milsurp shoot on SuperBowl weekend. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Loaded 75 178gr A-max 308 and pulled bullets on 50 175gr smk in nato brass then loaded 50 175gr smk into some good FC 308 win brass.

·
Mr. Happy
1,684 Posts
Plan on using it on short range hogs in the palmetto's in the swamps...here piggy, piggy, piggy.
Sorry to hijack, where are the palmetto's located? I am looking for a place to hunt some piggy's myself. Trying to do govt/public land until I can find a place to lease.

Thanks for any response and recommendations!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,116 Posts
Done Saturday and Sunday........

5 Groups of Short Shells.jpg

Short Shells (lengths).jpg

More playing with short shotgun shells. A combo of slugs, buckshot and round balls.

Mini Shells (side).jpg

Shot some of my first batch of 1-5/8" slug shells Saturday. Yes, I did have a few feeding issues in the Mossberg 500. Accuracy was not an issue....... :)

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
No reloading. I received a large flat rate box of mixed brass from a member off of a facebook group. I mailed 500 223 bullets today for the swap. I can't get on facebook on this Mac so shipping to her return address and can't send tracking info. Small flat rate box is now $7.15, wish I could have shipped saturday.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,154 Posts
Reloaded 5 .223 rounds. Problem is was in a hurry and could have ended up with a stuck bullet. Had one I missed putting powder in . Heard a click waited, then ejected. Pulled the bullet and , look no powder. Thing is I never heard the primer go off either, and if it would have went off I would have figured I would have a stuck bullet right now.
Will be using a light and verifying each load for now.
Target was about 20 something yards, red dot, right at dusky dark.

Reactions: BasMstr and Shrek

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,154 Posts
Yeap, one of the most underrated reloading tools...

I can tell you I understand it's use now. I need me a funnel also to pour the powder into the casing with. Something I never thought of but see the need for. Or a die to use my powder dispenser.

Reactions: BasMstr and Shrek
1 - 20 of 1415 Posts