Mississippi Gun Owners banner
2021 - 2040 of 2102 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah, I've always hand primed. I figure it gives me one more time to put my hands on the brass to check it.

What are you loading the 308 for?
Ar10. I ruined 3 pcs of brass yesterday. My Lee fcd collet was getting stuck closed, had to remove it and lubricate. Ended up using grease like on the press but just a little. I’m seating those primers below flush since it’s getting shot out an ar10.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Please post your results/conclusions once you get to shoot them.
I was able to get to the range this morning to test these. Not much of a difference. I was a little surprised because a couple other groups I follow are full of people that absolutely swear there is no need to crimp and you'll get better performance by not crimping. I'm going to reread the instructions on my neck sizing die to see if I can figure out how to adjust the tension. Once I get that figured out, I'll try some more with no crimp.

Measurements are from outside to outside at the widest point on both.....

Font Rectangle Art Monochrome photography Output device

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
Loaded some up using the measurements I took this afternoon

52.9 grains of H4831SC, 150 grain, .277" diameter Hot Cor bullets, chamfered and deburred mixed brass trimmed to 2.530", Winchester primers, 2.768" measured at the ogive

Natural material Ammunition Art Gun accessory Bullet

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
I’m going to make some like those next time I have to load snake rounds for the 38/357.
Do you want to share your data?
Size the brass, 0.5 Lee dipper of reclaimed shot (Titegroup, W231), small strip of used fabric softener sheet for wad tamped down with #2 pencil, add some #7.5 shot, pack with the pencil, repeat until full, a piece of thin cardboard (usually empty primer box) cut out with a sharpened piece of brass as an over card, run it up into the crimp die (to make loading easier), seal with nail polish.

·
Registered
738 Posts
This will be my next purchase as I have already been picking them up at the range. Apparently there is some factory ammo loaded with these cases. You’ll need special dies but I think this is going to be worth it.
Font Tool Cylinder Metal Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
This will be my next purchase as I have already been picking them up at the range. Apparently there is some factory ammo loaded with these cases. You’ll need special dies but I think this is going to be worth it. View attachment 303421
Wow those are expensive. I’ve ran across a few of them from the range brass I pick up from time to time. They are the ones that have a small sleeve inside the case?They are magnetic?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Wow those are expensive. I’ve ran across a few of them from the range brass I pick up from time to time. They are the ones that have a small sleeve inside the case?They are magnetic?
Yes they are magnetic for easy pick up. They will handle some serious pressure and this one guy loaded one case 32 times before his battery died. You don’t ever have to worry about them growing or shrinking and they don’t need to be ran through the tumbler. I’ve only seen one negative video about corrosion but the cases was left on the range for quite a while.

2021 - 2040 of 2102 Posts