Mississippi Gun Owners banner
2041 - 2060 of 2102 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Yes they are magnetic for easy pick up. They will handle some serious pressure and this one guy loaded one case 32 times before his battery died. You don’t ever have to worry about them growing or shrinking and they don’t need to be ran through the tumbler. I’ve only seen one negative video about corrosion but the cases was left on the range for quite a while.
What about lost cases when you can’t find them. I Seem to lose 10% when shooting no matter how hard I try.

·
Registered
738 Posts
What about lost cases when you can’t find them. I Seem to lose 10% when shooting no matter how hard I try.
I’ll probably loose some. S3 reloading has the dies for dillon version. Only difference is it comes with the powder funnel. It’s an improved version and flares the case better.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Well got around to reloading some 9mm today 1150 to 1200 rounds. 147gr pills. That XL650 really is smooth. Had View attachment 303557
View attachment 303556
View attachment 303555
the occasional upside down case coming out of the case feeder and only one sideways primer pretty good for almost 1200 rounds
Are those cast? If so how much flare you doing? I never had any issues until I used the Dillon. I flared a little and I’ve flared alot. Cases are sizing down my BOOLITS to anywhere from .353-.354. Even got some leading but the same loads done with the Lee powder expander no issues whatsoever. Fixing to order the s3 dies and shell shock cases and do some experiments. It comes with the improved Dillon powder die. Hoping this fixed the issue. The Dillon flared out more like a trumpet shape and the Lee more less seems to just expand the case with a slight flare.

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Yes cast. Dillon is real finicky on the flare. I haven’t measured it but I will tomorrow and get back to you. I flare just enough so the bullet will slide in but I have to glide it up to the die. If this helps. I don’t push the Dillon to fast. I have in the past. It seems to work better at a steady pace

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes cast. Dillon is real finicky on the flare. I haven’t measured it but I will tomorrow and get back to you. I flare just enough so the bullet will slide in but I have to glide it up to the die. If this helps. I don’t push the Dillon to fast. I have in the past. It seems to work better at a steady pace
Yes I go slow also. With case feeder I should get 1k per hour but I do about 500 for quality control

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Going to school today to clean the .177 pellets from the range room. They started using a new pellet with tin a few years ago. Don't know how the mix will be. I'll be casting ingots at the fire pit this week.

·
Registered
427 Posts
First round of make-do 375 Winchester. Can't find 375 cases so I trimmed up some 38-55 I had laying around. These are 250 plain base over 2400; 1783 fps @ 10 feet. Accuracy was way better than expected. I need to tickle this load a little bit as I'd like to make 1800 with it. Still, it ought to be sufficient for hogs and whatnot.

Wood Musical instrument Office supplies Cylinder Metal

·
Registered
349 Posts
Been cleaning up my reloading area and found some ACME coated bullets and decided to load some up, 103, 158 gr SWC and 103 Button Nose Wad Cutters, both are over Titegroup powder, the 158's are a 3.5 gr and the wad cutters are at 3.0 gr. They are super accurate and very mild on the recoil. Acme put 3 extra bullets in each pack and yep I am cheap, I reuse all the boxes and inserts I can find.

Cuisine Office equipment Ingredient Recipe Metal

Table Cuisine Indoor games and sports Dish Recreation

2041 - 2060 of 2102 Posts