Mississippi Gun Owners banner
2181 - 2189 of 2189 Posts

· μολὼν λαβέ
42,376 Posts
Reactions: Wayne6687

· Registered
860 Posts
OK what are these? Looks like a 2 piece, 9mm cartridge.
Nas3 cases, they’ve been out for years now and some factory ammo is loaded in them. Takes special reloading dies. Spring loaded sizer. Check out shell shock technologies websites and johnnys reloading bench plus p torture on YouTube. I’ve been finding them at the range so this is a trial run before buying 1500 cases from them. You do have to lube the cases and that’s the downside to me. They feel and sound funny when sizing also. Supposedly you can load plus p 30 times before tossing and a magnet picks the cases up.

· μολὼν λαβέ
42,376 Posts
Nas3 cases, they’ve been out for years now and some factory ammo is loaded in them. Takes special reloading dies. Spring loaded sizer. Check out shell shock technologies websites and johnnys reloading bench plus p torture on YouTube. I’ve been finding them at the range so this is a trial run before buying 1500 cases from them. You do have to lube the cases and that’s the downside to me. They feel and sound funny when sizing also. Supposedly you can load plus p 30 times before tossing and a magnet picks the cases up.
So what is the advantage over using brass cases?

· Registered
860 Posts
So what is the advantage over using brass cases?
The weight reduction, able to reload 30 plus times, pick up cases with a magnet, it’s cheaper than new brass since they never went up on their prices, and the cases eject cool to the touch. The fired cases go in a case gauge like they’ve already been sized. Those rounds weigh 115 grains in brass and only 90 grains in these cases. Reloading dies are 80 dollars. I’m trying them out and doing my own testing.

· μολὼν λαβέ
42,376 Posts
The weight reduction, able to reload 30 plus times, pick up cases with a magnet, it’s cheaper than new brass since they never went up on their prices, and the cases eject cool to the touch. The fired cases go in a case gauge like they’ve already been sized. Those rounds weigh 115 grains in brass and only 90 grains in these cases. Reloading dies are 80 dollars. I’m trying them out and doing my own testing.
Thanks I figured the weight reduction was one thing. Don't shoot allot of new brass with 9mm and 45 acp as fired brass is dirt cheap. Wasn't aware of the cool to touch after firing, thats pretty neat.

2181 - 2189 of 2189 Posts