Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1421 - 1440 of 1467 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
43 gr Imr4064, setting it just a little bit long. 2.775
Shot 4 rounds under .75in.,... one went just out of that.at 100, ok for deer hunting to me.
I’ll check my seating depth and update I’ve tried different ones but I know it’s a lot longer than that unfortunately because I’m over 2.800 I’m pretty sure on my bolt gun.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,544 Posts
Loaded some rat shot for a buddy - 357 brass, .3 dipper of powder

View attachment 241357
You should load the shot almost to the top , thin cardboard overshot card then the whatever you covered it with. There is allot of wasted space theat could be filled by additional shot in the case.

JMO

Reactions: Soonered

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
You should load the shot almost to the top , thin cardboard overshot card then the whatever you covered it with. There is allot of wasted space theat could be filled by additional shot in the case.

JMO
I load to the top, pack with a bolt, load to the top again, pack with the bolt again. But when you run up in the crimping die, sometimes you get some more compression.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,544 Posts
I load to the top, pack with a bolt, load to the top again, pack with the bolt again. But when you run up in the crimping die, sometimes you get some more compression.
Ok I don't do all the bolt packing . Just powder, wad, shot, tap it (case on deck) overshot card run up in a 45 acp seating die to roll the edge to keep overshot card in, seal with wax. Little to no wasted space.

But thats just my way of doing it , your is just as good. I just like the rolled edges as it also aids in loading the chambers.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Since I ordered the Lone Wolf barrel, gonna put 9mm on the back burner for a minute (hell, who I am kidding). Loaded up some of my cast hollow points for my .38 Super. Gonna try to shoot some water jugs tomorrow if I have time.

The boolits were cast from "who knows" lead, coated with Powder Buy the Pound black powder, sized to .356", loaded over 4.6 grains of Titegroup, mixed brass, CCI primers, 1.27" COL

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Looks good, but I have to ask.
What's the deal with the flat nose round in the next to last row?
:giggle:
These were some of the first hollow points that I powder coated, and it shows. 😁

I tried putting them in upside down, and that was a mistake. Thought maybe the excess powder would run down. Well, it did and filled up the cavity on some. Lesson learned. Just gotta tap the excess powder out and put 'em in the silicone trays right side up.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Pretty soon I'm gonna have to get the 9mm swage adaptor for my Dillon Super Swage. Does anybody know if you have to get another rod, or just the insert? I sent an email to Dillon, but (from what I've heard elsewhere) it's gonna be a long time before I hear back from them.

These are the crimped ones I've found so far. I'm about 2-3k in, and have at least that many more to prime.

1421 - 1440 of 1467 Posts