Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1721 - 1740 of 1778 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
@Soonered, these aren't shiny (tried something different in the wet tumbler), but I did swage and prime another 400 pieces of 223 brass. Probably get around to loading them this Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
@Soonered, these aren't shiny (tried something different in the wet tumbler), but I did swage and prime another 400 pieces of 223 brass. Probably get around to loading them this Friday afternoon.

View attachment 276438
What did you do differently? My buddy uses a cap full of sonic cleaner solution in his now. I use dawn and a very small amount of lemi shine. I hear liquid car wax works well also. I had a issue once and found my pins to be very dirty from trying the wrong type of wax lol. I had to tumble just the pins 2x to get the water clear again.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,499 Posts
I loaded over the last couple days about 10 rounds of 9mm. This makes a total of about 20 for the last week or so.

I'm trying my best not to be a over achiever. :LOL:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
What did you do differently? My buddy uses a cap full of sonic cleaner solution in his now. I use dawn and a very small amount of lemi shine. I hear liquid car wax works well also. I had a issue once and found my pins to be very dirty from trying the wrong type of wax lol. I had to tumble just the pins 2x to get the water clear again.
Added a little Nufinish car wax. Gonna try a little spray (liquid) wax next time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I loaded over the last couple days about 10 rounds of 9mm. This makes a total of about 20 for the last week or so.

I'm trying my best not to be a over achiever. :LOL:
I have multiple presses but I have a lee 4 hole turret and I can load 100 an hour and that’s weighing every charge by hand. I’m new and I’ve hand weighed a couple k and have come to realize I can weigh every tenth one and it gets the job done faster. Now if I’m using imr 4064 powder drop doesn’t work well with that stick powder. I always have to adjust charge by hand to load my match grade 308

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I tried that and it made my pins get really nasty. I was told it has to be liquid wax. I wet tumble then load and once loaded I throw in my dry media with nufinish to get that sparkle.
I’m not worried about the shine, I’m after “lubrication”. Wet tumbling actually cleans the brass too good, which causes some “sticking” on my powder drop.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
39,499 Posts
I have multiple presses but I have a lee 4 hole turret and I can load 100 an hour and that’s weighing every charge by hand. I’m new and I’ve hand weighed a couple k and have come to realize I can weigh every tenth one and it gets the job done faster. Now if I’m using imr 4064 powder drop doesn’t work well with that stick powder. I always have to adjust charge by hand to load my match grade 308
Yep I use a 4 hole classic turret myself. Been using a Lee Perfect Powder measure as I'm to lazy to rig up the one to go one the turret. I have a 3 hole lee turret I bought to use but haven't so I have been thinking of selling it. Then I have a single stage Lee's cheapest that I like to use for swaging and or loading 270 Winchester.

1721 - 1740 of 1778 Posts