Mississippi Gun Owners banner

What did you load today

165K views 2K replies 110 participants last post by  canebreaker 
#1 · (Edited)
Spinoff from thread- what did you shoot today

250 rnds 300BO with Barnes 110 TACTX and H110
Food Chocolate Cuisine

Was wanting to insert sign clip art saying: thread useless without pics. But not there. So...post pics

See less See more
#2 ·
Loaded and shot 405 grain Shooters Bullets in a 45-70 with 13 grains of Trail Boss. Sighted in my 1895 guide gun with a ghost ring for hogs at 50 yards. Getting 2" - 2 1/2" groups which is all I can do with the ghost ring. Plan on using it on short range hogs in the palmetto's in the swamps...here piggy, piggy, piggy.

#16 ·
No reloading. I received a large flat rate box of mixed brass from a member off of a facebook group. I mailed 500 223 bullets today for the swap. I can't get on facebook on this Mac so shipping to her return address and can't send tracking info. Small flat rate box is now $7.15, wish I could have shipped saturday.

#17 ·
Reloaded 5 .223 rounds. Problem is was in a hurry and could have ended up with a stuck bullet. Had one I missed putting powder in . Heard a click waited, then ejected. Pulled the bullet and , look no powder. Thing is I never heard the primer go off either, and if it would have went off I would have figured I would have a stuck bullet right now.
Will be using a light and verifying each load for now.
Target was about 20 something yards, red dot, right at dusky dark.

Reactions: BasMstr and Shrek
#19 ·
I can tell you I understand it's use now. I need me a funnel also to pour the powder into the casing with. Something I never thought of but see the need for. Or a die to use my powder dispenser.

#28 · (Edited)
Nothing loaded today. The other day I loaded 3 - 62 grain and 3 - 55 grain. I did size some casings today though. I found out that if they had a red primer not to try and size them. Stuck one of those cases. It was not fun getting the stuck case out either. Went through and separated out all the cases with red on the primer.

My homemade powder funnel.

#29 ·
Anyone have a ideal why the casings with the red on the primer stick? The others just resize effortlessly. These you can feel the resistance almost immediately and if you go ahead it will stick.

Reactions: phillipd