Mississippi Gun Owners banner

What did you load today

165K views 2K replies 110 participants last post by  canebreaker 
#1 · (Edited)
Spinoff from thread- what did you shoot today

250 rnds 300BO with Barnes 110 TACTX and H110
Food Chocolate Cuisine

Was wanting to insert sign clip art saying: thread useless without pics. But not there. So...post pics

See less See more
#1,081 ·
Yesterday loaded 45 rounds of 223. 55 grain SP over 25.4 Varget. Loaded those to use up the last of my Varget.
Next time need to do that to get rid of my CFE-223. That way I'll have a excuse to buy more powder.

#1,082 ·
Yesterday loaded 45 rounds of 223. 55 grain SP over 25.4 Varget. Loaded those to use up the last of my Varget.
Next time need to do that to get rid of my CFE-223. That way I'll have a excuse to buy more powder.
Rigrat,
Do you like Varget for 223? I've used only H335 for 223, but I've been thinking about trying it.
I've been getting about 3120 FPS with those 55 gr SP and a less than max load of H335, according to Hodgdon, in a Rem 700 with a 24 inch barrel. What do you get using Varget?

#1,086 ·
Its honestly a little bulky for the 223 for max velocity. But you don't have to worry about over charging it I would not think.

#1,087 ·
H335 doesn't fill up the case, but you can't double charge it either. I like 23 - 24 gr with a 55 grain bullet. Before I crimp, I usually shake a completed round next to my ear to ensure a charge has driopped. Have actually found a light load that way. Can also tell if too much powder has dropped or the bullet is seated too deep.

#1,091 ·
Some snake shot for the SIL to try in his new Taurus .357. Gave me an chance to use up a little powder from boo-boo's I had to pull.

View attachment 168705
Hey Bass, If you use your 45acp seating die you can put just a slight roll on the end to hold your wad and help with loading of them into your cylinder.

#1,098 · (Edited)
I use 38 special brass, powder, wad cut out of empty primer box #9 shot (thank you Subgunfan)wad on top of that . Then I use my 45 seating die to gently roll the end of the case in, just a bit. That will also hold the shot wad in place.

#1,099 ·
20 rounds of paper cartridges for my black powder revolvers.
10 rounds of .44 for the Pietta 1858 Remington New Army
  • Using a template I made, I cut the paper from coffee filters
  • A Lee dipper size 1.9 full of Pyrodex
  • 0.454" Speer round lead ball
10 rounds of .36 for the Uberti 1851 Colt Navy
  • Using cigarette rolling papers (I get 2 cartridges per paper)
  • A Lee dipper, size 1.3 full of Pyrodex
  • 0.375 Speer round lead ball
Chess Meringue Games Indoor games and sports Recreation

#1,100 ·
Well, woke up early, couldn't go back to sleep, so I loaded up some .45 ACP to test. Been meaning to get around to redoing this load, just kept putting it off. Now, with (hopefully) cooler weather on the way, and going back to 12 hour shifts on the Panama schedule, maybe I can do some more load development.

.451" diameter, 185 grain Hornady XTP, mixed brass, Winchester LPP, 7.4 grains of Power Pistol, 1.24" COL

Ammunition Bullet Brass Metal Copper
Ammunition Bullet Brass Copper Metal

#1,102 ·
Loaded up 3 , 270 Winchester yesterday. First ever loading that cartridge. 90 gr Gold dot over 44 grain H4895. Reduced load that should get me about 28-2900 fps over the chrony. Got to sight in the 270 so I'll be having to load more up.

Got froggy this morning and loaded up 50 -380 acp rounds in anticipation of getting a Glock 42. 100 gr plated over 3.4 gr titegroup. Should be a little warm but ok. Hopefully I'll be able to try them out this coming week.

Now I have to get to reloading some 38, 357 and 9mm.