Mississippi Gun Owners banner
161 - 179 of 201 Posts

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,160 Posts
How long do you have to wait for suppressors to cool down before putting them in there?
By the time I get through shooting them and packing and loading everything up they're usually cool enough. I take them off and lay them down so Air will flow in it. My 22 cans usually go straight in as they don't get that hot. My Optimus usually has to cool off some after running it on my AR pistol, not so much after using it on my bolt gun or pistols.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,616 Posts
I could stand it no longer so this afternoon I loaded up 2 mags for my Rem 1911 enhanced, put it in a shoulder holster and went to my pistol range. At 20 yards I made my steel target sing and swing. I spotted an old metal oil filter on a steep bank at around 30 yards. I rolled it down the bank- dead. No hiccups, this thing will shoot and it is accurate.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
In Honor of my friend Sum Gy and in memory of another friend Quickeye.

Sum Gy (Art) waved his hand over and worked his magic on the Gold Cup several years ago. Got a couple more he made better, but didn’t take today. And yes, they are both .45 ACP, we all know Art don't like 9mm in a 1911 :)

Bob (Qiuckeye) did a trigger job on the DW Valor a few months before his passing.

Both of these gentlemen are / were not only great smith’s, they both are GREAT Americans.

Thank you Art for everything, hurry up and get back around. Got a couple more that need touching.

RIP Bob!!

43E359D8-7A87-4092-9DD0-99818ADC6084.jpeg

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
The way you started that, I thought both had moved on. Glad Art is still here. Hope he gets batter and can rejoin is soon. I enjoyed the few visits I had with Mr Bob. I am glad to have met him before he passed.

Nice 1911s.

·
Para Bellum
1,313 Posts
In Honor of my friend Sum Gy and in memory of another friend Quickeye.

Sum Gy (Art) waved his hand over and worked his magic on the Gold Cup several years ago. Got a couple more he made better, but didn’t take today. And yes, they are both .45 ACP, we all know Art don't like 9mm in a 1911 :)

Bob (Qiuckeye) did a trigger job on the DW Valor a few months before his passing.

Both of these gentlemen are / were not only great smith’s, they both are GREAT Americans.

Thank you Art for everything, hurry up and get back around. Got a couple more that need touching.

RIP Bob!!

View attachment 225969
Those are beauties! We had to work at the glass shop all morning, trying to do some catch up, so I didn't get to shoot nuffin...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My new P365xl, my P320c, and my P938

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
So der Oberleutnant (Lt JG USNR) is home for a while from his civilian gig as a 2nd mate on a tanker. Too much $$ in the bank so he bought a nice S&W 1911A1, full engraving, whole 9yds. I'll get him to send me a photo without the serial #. But anyway after about 4 magazines he said, "Dad, pass auf" (watch this). And proceeded to put the first 3 rounds of 8 in one hole at 10yds:
Nope that's not faked. We stopped, took pictures, I reminded him of "The Curse of Frank Burns",* we had a good laugh, then he shot the remaining 5 and ended up with about a 4" group.
Oh to be so young, keen of eye, strong armed with a 1911, and a smart*ss again...
* "The Curse of Frank Burns" is not really a curse. It comes from the days when SWGC had a 600yd range with pits in Bogue Chitto, MS, and we held the annual CMP Vintage rifle championships there; first relay I took my first sighter at 200 and it was an "X" with a Swedish 1896/38. Other guys were going 'Wow, shoot for record". Mr. Frank (may he RIP), an old salt at such matches, to say the least, was standing next to me & my son, says "well, you ain't got nowhere to go but down from there."
:(
I still won the match but talk about messing with your concentration! Anyway, whenever someone shoots an X on the first shot Mr. Burns always comes up, among a certain group of riflemen.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,774 Posts
LOL, good shooting!

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,774 Posts
Yes and I will not be allowed to forget it for a while. This is the best I could do with my "NCIS" pistol, a SIG M11:
View attachment 230585
Heck nothing wrong with that either. Kill zone is kill zone. Tell him you spread yours out to cause more bleeding. Putting them in the same hole doesn't allow for as much bleed out, LOL.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,160 Posts
Heck nothing wrong with that either. Kill zone is kill zone. Tell him you spread yours out to cause more bleeding. Putting them in the same hole doesn't allow for as much bleed out, LOL.
Actually is a good point. Guy I took my IC course from preached this as well during the live fire course. And he is legit

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Ha I'll be sure to tell him that, he's back home right by the NAS now. Supposed to go down there in the next week or so to eat seafood & visit the Pensacola indoor range. Oh and him of course, he's paying. ;)

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,616 Posts
I took a little pistol shooting break Saturday. I located my S&W Model 22-A.
I went down to my pistol shooting steel plate and I had that steel gong singing to the Federal hollowpoints . So, being a little bored I decided to do a little bit of trick practical shooting. A storm Friday night or my pet squirrel had knocked a great number of half grown muscadines that grow up in the tall pines that overshadow my short range pistol shooting site. I had never shot this pistol a lot so I decided that I needed to test it at Rattlesnake head shooting range. I made some muscadines disappear and others hop up in the air. It was fun to find my old shooting roots. Then I found a shotgun hull on the ground and shot the brass. I think sometimes we get in a serious minded rut and need to just have a little fun. I was a little surprised that the Smith shot so good. I credit that to painting my front site florescent orange several years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Glad you enjoyed yourself Deadeye, sounds like you had a lot of fun, Sometimes it does a body and soul good to get back to our roots / childhood. Stress relief and all,,,,,,,,,:)

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
We’ve been in Memphis this weekend visiting my son. Thank goodness I didn’t have to shoot any handguns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just the other day, me and a shooting buddy shot a couple hundred rounds with our Browning Buck Mark .22's at a 12 inch steel plate at 20 yards. My buddy also brought his newly purchased Sccy 9mm pistol for us to shoot for the first time. Trigger was very heavy and it had one to two malfunctions in about 30 rounds. Neither of us liked the pistol and he put it for sale on Gunbroker yesterday.
The Buck Marks are very accurate and definitely keepers.

161 - 179 of 201 Posts