Mississippi Gun Owners banner

761 - 780 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yesterday shot the 10/22, AR15, AR10, 300 win mag, and Sig p320

my 6 year old was ringing steel plate at 200 yards with the 22. Call me impressed.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Tried shooting some of my 380 auto hand loads today over chronograph and catching some of the bullets. :D Well, my experiment was a little disappointing, but to be expected with XYP bullets. :rolleyes:

On the left 1st shot was water jugs only point blank range. Expanded well and split 1st jug good to stop in the 3rd jug.
0517201303.jpg

2nd shot was point blank through 4 layers of denium. The 380 XTP did not expand. :( Aim was a little downward in trajectory and took a chunk of wood out of handrail on back deck. :confused: Then deflected up to stop in the 5th jug.
0517201612.jpg

The 3rd shot I relocated to the ground, so I could back off to 10 feet to stay dryer. 3rd shot was through 4 layers of denium and into water jugs. This shot also clogged with denium. :oops: The bullet started to tumble coming our of the 1st jug and into the 2nd jug. It also came to stop in the 5th jug.
(3rd shot 1st jug)
0517201303c.jpg

(3rd shot backside of 1st jug with plug of denium and from of 2nd jug split)
0517201303d.jpg

From left 1st, 2nd, and 3rd captured bullets.
0517201306~2.jpg

0517201307~2.jpg

This is what they looked like before loading.
0517201512~2.jpg

The chronograph readings 895, 875, 906, 866, 889, 898, 908, 892, and 908 fps.
9 shot average is 893 fps velocity.
:hmm:
Might need to do some more experimenting. ;)

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,043 Posts
Wonder if it would help them expand if you had like a BB (or something correct size) to glue in the nose?

What kind of velocity was you getting?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Wonder if it would help them expand if you had like a BB (or something correct size) to glue in the nose?

What kind of velocity was you getting?
893 fps average velocity. Cor-Bon makes a 9mm 100 gr Pow'RBall similar to what you are describing, but it uses soft lead and a plastic ball. It is also humming at 1475 fps.

My thinking cap is on! I'll crack this nut.
:hmm:

·
Premium Member
13,096 Posts
My son and son-in-law came over this afternoon and we burned up a little ammo.
IMG_1212.JPG

I mainly shot a bunch of 9mm's including a Beretta 92S, Jericho 941, CZ 75, Armalite AR-24K, G23 with a 9mm conversion barrel and a HK P7. It's easy to see which brass was fired in the HK.
IMG_0001.JPG

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,143 Posts
Just gun-checked a LEO turn-in Sig P229R .40S&W and (new) SA XD45 Mod 2 today that I bought during the Stay-at-Home restrictions bs. Three months with 0 range time.

I love my Sigs!

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
My son and son-in-law came over this afternoon and we burned up a little ammo.
View attachment 221147
I mainly shot a bunch of 9mm's including a Beretta 92S, Jericho 941, CZ 75, Armalite AR-24K, G23 with a 9mm conversion barrel and a HK P7. It's easy to see which brass was fired in the HK.
View attachment 221149
Ah yes, Heckler und Koch GmbH and their fluted chambers.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Just gun-checked a LEO turn-in Sig P229R .40S&W and (new) SA XD45 Mod 2 today that I bought during the Stay-at-Home restrictions bs. Three months with 0 range time.

I love my Sigs!
Who doesn't love the P22x series?
Der Junge learned to pronounce "Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft" before he was in the 3rd grade. Frau Z just says "SIG".
Whatever.

·
26,143 Posts
Who doesn't love the P22x series?
Der Junge learned to pronounce "Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft" before he was in the 3rd grade. Frau Z just says "SIG".
Whatever.
I prefer the steel-framed SIGs to the polymer-framed SIGs (e.g., my P320C).

JMO.

Does Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft still produce firearms there, or is it just SIG USA (NH) that does?

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I prefer the steel-framed SIGs to the polymer-framed SIGs (e.g., my P320C).

JMO.

Does Schweizerische Industrie Gesellschaft still produce firearms there, or is it just SIG USA (NH) that does?
Not sure, would have to check. My own 'NCIS' pistol was made in NH.
Originally engineered in Switzerland but due to weird export rules, manufactured in Germany. Save for the P210 if I recall correctly. (talk about a Swiss watch of a handgun! Expensive as h*ll. But I digress.) There are also a lot of P220 pistols in the US that are marked on the slide "MADE IN WEST GERMANY" that were imported after reunification (1990) but which were assembled with slides manufactured prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall (1989) and reunification a year later.
If SIG pistols are still manufactured there, it's apparently less expensive and less problematic (high capacity magazines, etc., just like Beretta 92FS) to make them here than to import them. We (Americans) are fortunate that the powers that be "allowed" us to import the surplussed P6 pistols (P225, single-stack 9mm) from the Nordrhein-Westfalen Polizei back in the late 90s/early 00s because they were, in hindsight, a steal. Replace the mainspring with a civilian mainspring and they are a terrific concealed carry 9mm.

·
26,143 Posts
Not sure, would have to check. My own 'NCIS' pistol was made in NH.
Originally engineered in Switzerland but due to weird export rules, manufactured in Germany. Save for the P210 if I recall correctly. (talk about a Swiss watch of a handgun! Expensive as h*ll. But I digress.) There are also a lot of P220 pistols in the US that are marked on the slide "MADE IN WEST GERMANY" that were imported after reunification (1990) but which were assembled with slides manufactured prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall (1989) and reunification a year later.
If SIG pistols are still manufactured there, it's apparently less expensive and less problematic (high capacity magazines, etc., just like Beretta 92FS) to make them here than to import them. We (Americans) are fortunate that the powers that be "allowed" us to import the surplussed P6 pistols (P225, single-stack 9mm) from the Nordrhein-Westfalen Polizei back in the late 90s/early 00s because they were, in hindsight, a steal. Replace the mainspring with a civilian mainspring and they are a terrific concealed carry 9mm.
Thanks. I checked. All of my 'several' SIGs are/were manufactured here in the USA. :(

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Thanks. I checked. All of my 'several' SIGs are/were manufactured here in the USA. :(
Don't worry, like BMW, Daimler (Mercedes), Continental, etc. there is German oversight. Their eye is on profit but also on quality.
Now Austrians (Glock) not so sure...

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,043 Posts
Don't worry, like BMW, Daimler (Mercedes), Continental, etc. there is German oversight. Their eye is on profit but also on quality.
Easy.................o_O

·
26,143 Posts
Sig = Swiss.
Sauer = German.

No problem.

Only one Austrian gun here (G43X), and I also shot it today. ;)

Swiss, German, Austrian, Czech, Slovakian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Turkish, American … whatever. (No Brazilian-made guns anymore though).

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Sig = Swiss.
Sauer = German.

No problem.

Only one Austrian gun here (G43X), and I also shot it today. ;)

Swiss, German, Austrian, Czech, Slovakian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Turkish, American … whatever. (No Brazilian-made guns anymore though).
Well, we all have our preferences. A favorite t-shirt of mine:
IMG_0688.JPG
Lots of my favorites were manufactured in Suhl, both pre-WW2 and during the DDR (East Germany) period. Gustloffwerke, PiM ("Makarov"), P1001 (EG copy of Walther PP, most put together with leftover WW2 parts), etc.

761 - 780 of 814 Posts