Mississippi Gun Owners banner

801 - 816 of 821 Posts

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,830 Posts
My new-to-me used CZ 83 and my SAR B6C in 9mm.

(I can't believe that European police forces use .32Auto caliber - if they're armed at all!) ;)

I'm still in the range ammo conservation mode though.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Well to celebrate surviving yet another year after my birth, I was allowed to go to spend the morning at SW Gun Club range for some quality time with my 1911A1, 92FS, M11A1. But the most fun was with the Mossberg M44 at 100 yds. Using German (of course) SK Standard .22 I dialed it in at 100 yards:

Of course when I sent this photo to dem Jungen, he said "geez it took you 5 rounds to get in the 10 ring?
:mad:
Diopter rear, globe front sights.

·
Premium Member
13,127 Posts
Shot several Glocks yesterday plus a bunch of .22's A guy I used to work for called me a couple of weeks ago. He said he had decided he needed a handgun and wanted me to find him one. All he had ever shot was a 10/22 and a Marlin .30-30. He ended up getting a G19. He came to the house and I showed him how to hold it, load it and disassemble it. He shot about a hundred rounds through it and did pretty good. He also brought his 9-year old son who had never shot anything but a BB gun. I started him on a Ruger bearcat and moved up to a Ruger MKII and SR22. The Bearcat was his favorite.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Well I shot the bird at a dumbass that ran a stop sign on my way home if that counts
W*fe got in a wreck last year; guy in a bondo Oldsmobile hooptie (as they call it) with no insurance, suspended license, expired tag ran a stop sign and she hit him. Of course he said it was all her fault, as he crawled out of the passenger side window - neither door was capable of opening. Thankfully our insurance went after him full bore. Unfortunately the Brookhaven PD just wrote a report and sent him on his merry way. State Farm is still trying to get $ from the guy...
Ok, back onto topic...

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Headed to Waldos in Columbia. I called & they have some odd calibers I need; the boss (w*fe) gave approval since they'll do "curbside". And she asked if I had enough ammunition for her pistol (SIG P6). If not, buy more!!
Ha ha ha ha ha 😃 9mm NATO yes honey I have a little bit of that. ;)
After 33 years I think I'll keep her.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,675 Posts
Shot my 38 special today to try out some snake rounds. Top half of snake was #6-#8 shot, bottom half was #9. Top half was also 2 shots bottom just one. Thinking I need to load ups some more of the #9 or find some #12 shot.

Distance was 3 paces, approximately 10 feet. About twice as far as I'd normally be.

Reactions: LeansVeryRight2016

·
Registered
307 Posts
Actually yesterday at the Black Creek range. Shot some test rounds in the 35 Remington, 308 Win, and 223 Rem. For the 35, I had some 200 gr RNs over 38 - 42 grains of LVR. The sweet spot looks to be about 40-40.5 grains for just over 2000 FPS. For the 308, I was testing 3 different length 155 grain HPBTs over H4895. That sweet spot came in at 43 grains for 2722-2750 FPS. The 223 was for testing brass in different headstamps. I ran a 55 grain SPBT over 24 grains of H335 for the following results: FC - AVG 2970 with 40 ES, LC - AVG 2964 with ES 60, and PMC - AVG 2952 with 20 ES.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,830 Posts
Some .32Auto in my CZ 83 at the indoor gun range.

Still hardly any handgun target ammo on the shelves in the gun range's retail store.

·
Super Moderator
7,168 Posts
Didn't have a lot of time, but I swung by Coast Rifle & Pistol Club after meeting with @medicine man and put a few rounds of home-brew through my "new-to-me" Springfield XD(M) in .40 S&W. I only fired 18 shots, but I didn't miss any of the steel plates. Glad to be back in the .40 caliber game.

801 - 816 of 821 Posts