close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What have I done?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Enterprise65, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Enterprise65

Enterprise65 Heavily caffeinated.

Until recently I would have never considered purchasing a Glock firearm for one reason or another but I fell in love with this model the first time I picked it up. It's the only Glock that has felt good when I held it but it's also the best feeling pistol I have ever picked up. I must have visited two local shops numerous times to make other purchases but I always asked to see it again and again. I didn't want a Glock but I finally gave in. I figured despite my preconceived notions and opinions if it felt that good in my hand I had to buy it.
    I was actually about to purchase the necessary parts to convert my 1911 to fire .400 Cor-Bon vs purchasing a new gun in favor of having more cash on hand for a future Ruger Blackhawk or Vaquero. That's still in the works, but here's the Glock 40 10mm auto that made me question myself.
    The first photo doesn't give any frame of reference for size so I included the second in comparison to my own hand. The total length of the pistol is 9.49 inches. It's 1.27 inches longer than the longest .45 ACP they make. I've not fired it yet, but I will remedy that this Saturday.

G1.jpg G2.jpg

Blondie70, Quickeye, mascott and 5 others like this.
  2. Stryker6

Stryker6 Distinguished Poster

3. wllmkttrll

wllmkttrll Distinguished Poster

clinton
    NICE but you gonna poke somebody's eye out with that one

4. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    I like the length and the 10mm.

5. Enterprise65

It does double as its own bayonet.

6. Stryker6

Stryker6 Distinguished Poster

I'd name it tomahawk

Blondie70 and BasMstr like this.
  7. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

I am tempted to make one of those my next glock, i would have already but i just cant bring myself to make the jump to a gen 4 yet..

My gen 3 20 in 10mm is my favorite glock, with the pearce plus 2 mag extensions (they work flawlessly btw) i can have 18 rounds of hot 10mm in the gun at one time.

Blondie70, Quickeye, BasMstr and 2 others like this.
  8. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

If you have a moment of weakness, I'll be glad to take it off your hands for a widow woman neighbor who likes Glocks

Anybody know if a model 40 barrel will work in a 20. Next would be threading it. She likes cans also.

Blondie70, BasMstr and SLBcmtr like this.
  9. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

The barrels do interchange, a 40 is essentially just a longer 20. Lone wolf and others make several variants of threaded barrels.

10. Xd357

Xd357 Moderator Staff Member

Edwards
    That'll make a sweet huntin gun!

22lrfan and Enterprise65 like this.
  11. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Enterprise65....

gutdoc's
    offer is altruistic... but he underestimates the severity of what's happened here... :confused:

Tell ya what... send that Glll... Glllll... Glloc... Glock thing to me and I'll take care of it in a proper discrete manner... and we'll all forget about this blunder of yours... :eek: ;)

Clearly an understandable impulsive indiscretion, a lapse of judgment, a gaffe... a peccadillo of sorts. o_O

Please include all original packaging and materials, manuals, magazines... and should you have any 10mm ammo with it, you'll certainly want to include such with the above. :cool:

My kind regards to you, sir... and please do not tarry on this task now in front of you, lest this become a more difficult matter to resolve in your best favor. :)

Hoot G, CajunBP, Blondie70 and 4 others like this.
  12. Enterprise65

Now if I just knew someone with a hog, ground hog or armadillo problem...

13. patchz

patchz Court Jester

I'd say talk to Nonnie but he tends to shoot them well out of Glock range.

Blondie70 and phillipd like this.
  14. Cliff731

It just hits me here... if ya were to buy a Glock 42... is that considered a minor indiscretion???

Kind of like a little bitty misdemeanor thing than one of those horrendous felony things??? :hmm:

Blondie70 and patchz like this.
  15. Cliff731

It'll be a bit of a drive for you, Enterprise65... but you are sure welcome to come and shoot coyotes and armadillos... and if you get off into these woods you'll likely run upon some wild hogs. Don't know if I've seen any ground hogs. Just don't shoot all the armadillos... I've warmed a bit to them since I have discovered them critters love tearing into the yellow jacket nests around here.

Blondie70, Quickeye and patchz like this.
  16. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Enterprise I have plenty of armadillos and coyotes you can shoot. As soon as the water goes down some, I have a buddy in Amory over run with hogs that is hopping up and down for leadburner and nonnie to come up here and try to make a dent in.

17. Cliff731

I hear coyotes every evening and night.

Even seen a few relatively close to my house.

Shot at a couple of those.

Is it even possible to make a dent in their numbers?

Blondie70, Enterprise65 and patchz like this.
  18. patchz

patchz Court Jester

If you bait and call them you can.

Blondie70, Cliff731 and Enterprise65 like this.
  19. PWB

PWB Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Nice pistol...I have a G21 Gen 4 on order however, if a G41 Gen 4 shows up first I will grab it...the barrel is about 1/2 shorter than the G40 but, I'll make do with it.

Enterprise65 likes this.
  20. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

At least the caliber is acceptable!

Enterprise65 likes this.