Mississippi Gun Owners banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
robbyw said:
I just got a keltec sub 2000. it is in 9 mm.I also have one in 40 cal. they are nice guns. they also fold for transport
I try to mate them with a pistol to mate them with. I love my KelTek and keep it with my Glock 22. I've had good luck with the Asian mags. Little cheaper and can swap between the two.

·
Hiding in plain sight.
2,177 Posts
I do not have much. Maybe 1500 rds of .22. I do think that bullets/firearms as well as spices/food/water will be forms of currency. What I do have are common calibers. .22lr, 9mm, .308 and 12 gauge. I try to keep a few hundred of each. I won't be storming Normandy, but I will be able to get food and defend myself.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Tree of Liberty said:
does anyone think that the european calibers will run out???

ie: 762xwhatever
Good question

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK, I've heard various answers to this question in person, but no two answers have been the same:

What should be considered a sufficient amount of ammunition per caliber to prepare for a worst case scenario?

Do not take into consideration the possibility of reloading, reloading supplies, etc. Simply, how many ready-to-go cartridges of each caliber would qualify as sufficient?

I realize many would naturally want to say that there is never a sufficient amount, but if pressed to answer...how much is enough per caliber?

Also consider shot shells in with your responses...how many shells per gauge is sufficient to have loaded up and ready to go?

Responses would be greatly appreciated :thanks:

God bless
I'd start with a 22LR assuming you have one. It is very general in its use compared to a shotgun or deer caliber. I have around 10,000 (20 boxes of 500 each) that should get me through and past what may happen worst case scenario. Then a shotgun, 410, 20ga, 16ga, 12ga. Pick one or two. Specialized in a sense for unique purpose like power, assurance of effect. If you have 1,000 of however many shotguns you determine to use (I stick with 410 and 16ga). Build it up as you can to 2,000, but probably less needed in volume. Next, pick a good handgun or two, revolver for consistency, and semi-auto for #bullets it will hold, like 18. I would get 1,000 for revolver and 2,000 for semi-auto. Last, your long range gun, like a semi-auto deer rifle or more preferred now days, the AR15. I would get at least 2,000 and would want 5,000 if available for decent price. That's the last gun, to keep attackers at bay from a distance when possible. I hope my opinion helps. So many people I know have 8 different calibers handguns, 4 deer rifles pro ARs, and another 3 or 4 22LRs. Stick with 3 or 4 primaries and start a buildup in those. I've been in firearm business since 1980s, and had a survival store since '05. I have a water well with a hand pump. I have a 1,000 gallon butane tank. I have a generator that uses gas, butane, and natural gas. And I sell survival food with a 25 year shelf like, with no additives, that you can just soak in water a few minutes and have something to eat. I don't plan on running into the woods with a 75 pound back pack on with a few things I might need. I'd rather gather everyone up within a 3-5 mile radius who has also put some thought into all this, so that if we partner up, they don't just come eat, drink, and shoot all MY stuff. Hah.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,196 Posts

·
Senior Curmudgeon
593 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
OK, I've heard various answers to this question in person, but no two answers have been the same:

What should be considered a sufficient amount of ammunition per caliber to prepare for a worst case scenario?

Do not take into consideration the possibility of reloading, reloading supplies, etc. Simply, how many ready-to-go cartridges of each caliber would qualify as sufficient?

I realize many would naturally want to say that there is never a sufficient amount, but if pressed to answer...how much is enough per caliber?

Also consider shot shells in with your responses...how many shells per gauge is sufficient to have loaded up and ready to go?

Responses would be greatly appreciated :thanks:

God bless
One more than you actually need. The problem is you never know that until it happens.

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
One more than you actually need. The problem is you never know that until it happens.
Exactly! I read that it’s better to have one round left over after the gunfight than to run out one round before it’s over.

Reactions: lazi and 2A_1791

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Always: one more round; one more mag; one more gun.

Always one more.

Reactions: 22lrfan
41 - 55 of 55 Posts