Mississippi Gun Owners banner

What makes a 6.8 so special?

2174 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  smoffett
So I read a lot on here about the 6.8. And I see a lot of people want a rifle in 6.8. So what makes the 6.8 so special that so many want one? Note: I know I could have googled for an answer, but I like reading ya'lls feedback.
1 - 1 of 17 Posts
I think there are a variety of factors. I've been reading up on them for over a year. There are tons of ballistics reports out there and all sorts of other data and facts and opinions. Most people compare them to the 6.5 Grendel. The Grendel has more long range accuracy from what I've seen, but they are pretty close to each other inside of 300 yds.

The bullets are .277 just like a .270 Win. It seems that most people are loading 90-120gr.

I think it all boils down to a larger caliber round that only requires the changing of the barrel, bolt and mag in your AR15, so your kit will all fit.

16" barrell delivers plenty of knockdown power. Can carry a lot of ammo.

I'm contemplating building one for close quarters deer hunting.....but I'm waiting to see how the 300 Blackout does.

Besides all that, it's just a different round for the AR.

I'm sure more will chime in, but that's my regular-guy reasoning.
See less See more
1 - 1 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.