Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a C&R license for 9 years and collected quite a few milsurps. Since I let it expire, I've sold off a bunch too but one that I've held on to is my M96/38 Swede Mauser. Love this rifle. Has the "micrometer" disk rear sight. I've added a sight hood and one of the flash hider that screws onto the threaded muzzle.

Shoots like most Swede's in good condition do. I haven't taken a deer with it yet, but I think this year may be the year to change that :)

So what's your favorite milsurp/C&R rifle?

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Man, that's like trying to pick a favorite child, or in my case, favorite dog. :)

M1 Carbine

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Mosin nagant m44 for me... got to love the fireballs they throw. Plus if you get hungry you can put a hot dog on the bayonet and grill it with a few rounds.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen a lot of alternative uses for the M44's bayo listed before but not that one :lol:

·
Waffennarr
8,881 Posts
Swedes of course!

Have to say the Swedes are my favorite:
http://www.msgunowners.com/t21199-swedish-mausers
I'm angling in on another SA marked M1896 even as I type this (SA=Finnish Army during the Soviet invasion, aka "Winter War").
Close second is the "Rifle, M1, caliber .30" aka "Garand".

·
Premium Member
14,718 Posts
Rw said:
Mosin nagant m44 for me... got to love the fireballs they throw. Plus if you get hungry you can put a hot dog on the bayonet and grill it with a few rounds.
I do like Rw's multi-function use of the M44.................. :)

While the Garands and M-14s (Iron & Wood) do have a special place in my heart. To me, the M-16 (AR-15) still holds top spot.

I need to borrow some hotdogs from Rw because I know the flaming is about to start....... :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
keag in both 30-40 & 6.5x55 Swiss Smooooth as a babies bottom

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
I like '98 Mausers, but collectors hate me...I like to use the actions to build hunting rifles. :evil:

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
1. 1917 Enfield
2. 1944 Isveshk 91/30 PU Sniper
3. M1 Garand
4. M1 Carbine

Reactions: usmc-nav

·
Waffennarr
8,881 Posts
inthe10ring said:
The one that I just bought, to be replaced by the next one, then the next one....and so on!!! :)
Ha reminds me of my favorite quote about gun collecting:
Q: How many guns does a man need?
A: Just one more.

Reactions: maxhush
1 - 20 of 66 Posts