Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
inthe10ring said:
The one that I just bought, to be replaced by the next one, then the next one....and so on!!! :)
This is why I let my C&R expire and didn't re-up - just too easy to see a new offering at AIM Surplus or whoever and pull the trigger. It gets crazy. :blink:

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
inthe10ring said:
The one that I just bought, to be replaced by the next one, then the next one....and so on!!! :)
+1

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If I can get an M16 with a C&R, I'm getting one quick!!! :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
O.S.O.K. said:
You can buy a Colt/Armalite AR-15 Model 601 using your C&R, but they aren't cheap or plentiful. These full auto rifles didn't receive the M-16 designation until they were officially adopted by the military. Original Armalite 7.62 AR-10s in full auto are also available as C&R guns.

My favorite Mil-Surp? The M1 Garand in semi auto, the M-96 Swede in a bolt gun.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
VegasSMG said:
O.S.O.K. said:
You can buy a Colt/Armalite AR-15 Model 601 using your C&R, but they aren't cheap or plentiful. These full auto rifles didn't receive the M-16 designation until they were officially adopted by the military. Original Armalite 7.62 AR-10s in full auto are also available as C&R guns.

I'm picking nits, the question was favorite MILSURP rifle, not C&R, else I'd say BAR all the way!!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
well I'll be a suck egg mule. :)

Learn something new every day. Thanks for the C&R lesson :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
PhillipM said:
I'm picking nits, the question was favorite MILSURP rifle, not C&R...
I attempted to answer OSOK's post about C&R M-16s while stating my top two picks for Mil-Surp guns. Reading is fundamental if you want to pick nits.

VegasSMG said:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
O.S.O.K. said:
Actually you can once an M16 is 50 years old. Then you can find a form 4 M16 for sale and once you pay the tax and all the background checks it can come straight to your door! None of this is cheap!

You can buy this M16 right now if you have the money.

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=20944&query=retrieval

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'd have to have a lot of $$$ before I'd consider popping for an M16 = just too much for a toy. I'm very happy with my SA AR's and if I want to shoot "full auto", I'll just choose one of my better bumping AK's :D I can bump my 74's from the shoulder.

·
Waffennarr
8,881 Posts
O.S.O.K. said:
inthe10ring said:
This is why I let my C&R expire and didn't re-up - just too easy to see a new offering at AIM Surplus or whoever and pull the trigger. It gets crazy. :blink:
Best thing about letting your C&R expire...no federal requirement to turn in your records. You are legally free to destroy them, which I do.
My C&R license has expired at least 4 times since my first license (1986??). I wait a month & re-apply. I also have a very small "bound book" of records, with only a very few firearms acquired since the last renewal... :bigtu:

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
PhillipM said:
M-16's and AR-15's? When did the government surplus those out?
OK..... I did jump the gun on M-16/AR-15s. True, they are not surplus.

That moves the Garand to the top of my list for a SA. As for a bolt-gun..... the Mauser type rifles.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Currently they are my 22LRs -- Just because I shoot them the most!!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I only have one so it is my favorite, a 1937 Mosin Nagant 91/30 Izhevsk. I really like this rifle and want a Finn carbine to go with it. Other than that I would love to have an M1A.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
... FAL ...

But, I shoot a Garand most often and will be getting a 2nd in a few weeks ...

maybe I am confused :idk:

21 - 40 of 66 Posts