Mississippi Gun Owners banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
BuckeyeJoe said:
M1 Garand for shooting; Egyptian Hakim for showing off its finger chopping ability.
:lol3:
I always wanted a Hakim in the stable .... never shot one ...

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
captain-03 said:
BuckeyeJoe said:
M1 Garand for shooting; Egyptian Hakim for showing off its finger chopping ability.
:lol3:
I always wanted a Hakim in the stable .... never shot one ...
There were 2 at the last gun show, first ones ive seen in a long time.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
My Hakim is rather ill at the moment. I promise to have it going again by next Super Bowl shoot. Y'all can shoot it then at your own risk. :)

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
U.S. rifle caliber .30 M1 aka Garand followed closely by my Remington manufactured Model 1903A3

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have to say my 1943 Mosin–Nagant. Its my 1st milsurp and I just smile every time i shoot it, clean it look at it. for $140 its the most fun!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not sure if it is my favorite (so hard to pick one) but I really like my MAS36 with the crooked bolt handle and the tool free bolt breakdown.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Ahh, an SVT-40 and a MAS 36 bolt. I've owned and then sold, both.

The SVT is a kick to shoot and you've gotta love the relatively inexpensive milsurp ammo.

The MAS bolts are great shooters - wonderful for cast boolits too. But the ammo is anything but inexpensive.

I have a MAS 49-56 and case of French milsurp for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
favorite milsurp rifle

For me, I'm attracted to anything semi-auto. I had a MAS 49/56 and it was cool, but being an oddball caliber made me frugal on ammo.

I would love to pick up a Hakim and an FN-49, but if I were going to buy something to shoot and enjoy, it would definitely be an M1 carbine. Just too handy if major firepower isn't required.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
My favorites are the Garand and 03 Springfield, even though I have neither at present. I like my Mosin, it was a heckuva good deal. I watched an old movie last night, "Merrill's Marauders", WW2 in Burma. There was lots of Garand, 03, Thompson, and 1911 shots, among others.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts