close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats your favorite store in the area?

Discussion in 'Central Mississippi' started by achancesw, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 41 fan

41 fan Distinguished Poster

I'm prone to either Vans or Gunbroker, or both.
    Ronnie

94LEVERFAN and wllmkttrll like this.
  2. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

Aldi's, Kroger. Cheap Smokes, Sam's.

94LEVERFAN likes this.

3. LeansVeryRight2016

LeansVeryRight2016 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

As jake823 wrote, there are many good online firearms dealers ... PSA is one. There are others.

If you're willing to research and wait for a good price, online will probably work for you. It's usually less than 7 days from firearm order to delivery/pickup.

It has worked well for me.

I will only buy firearms locally on tax-free/2A weekend, usually at an Academy Sports or Sportsman's Warehouse; I do purchase ammo locally, however.

(Sorry about that brick and mortar gun shop folks.)

Selection is usually better online too.

Look for free (or low) shipping. The competitive online firearms sites offer it.

In most cases, you won't pay state sales taxes (7% in MS) by buying online, but those savings will be offset by the FFL transfer fee (usually $25-$30).

rebel4ever and jakeg823 like this.
  4. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

When looking at ammo online look at different dealers. Add to cart, to check shipping.
    Example. 1 case $20 shipping. 2 cases $30 shipping. 3 cases free shipping.
    Buy 5 cases get one free along with free shipping. I haven't seen that deal in a while.

5. charlie2t

charlie2t Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Van's, I have been doing business with the Allen family for a lot of years. Van's has the best selection of guns, accessories, reloading supplies, etc. in the state and his family's grocery store, (right across the highway) sells the best steaks you can buy.

6. Sonny H

Sonny H Big Bore Shooter

40's-n-9's, my favorite sto!! Some of you might get it.

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  7. achancesw

achancesw Distinguished Poster

I was told yesterday that a Brandon store is going out of business?

8. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Brandon Sporting Arms. The owner posted it here as well.

9. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

There will be plenty more of them go too! :(

10. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

It's a shame that there are no stores here that I favor. The one gun store is ok but service is not it's strong point. All the pawn shops owners have a take it or leave it attitude. Ammo in all of them, when they have it, is over priced. They can't realize the big scare is over.

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  11. Gremmward

Gremmward Full Poster

Brandon
    We should get a sticky of all the gun shops in the state, maybe break it down by area. I know I hear about folks at matches talk about shops I've never known were in the area.

Me personally, my gun purchases lately has been at Rankin Shooter Supply. Never had any problems with those guys.

mascott likes this.
  12. 308th_sps

308th_sps Distinguished Poster

I'll second Rankin Shooter Supply. I have only purchased one firearm from them but I have bought accessories and ammunition there. Staff is always friendly and helpful.

The best thing is that if they don't know, they say so. They don't lie to you.

rrharris likes this.
  13. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I have bought some accessories there also. Good guy.

14. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

anchancesw you won't beat my prices anywhere in the state, southeast for that matter. Have all powders except 50bmg, primers extreme bullets, Berrys, SnS. Some ammo. Having a MSGO M&G on the 26th of Aug. Swap meet and all! Bring anything you want to sell or swap. Food if Cajun cooks an Shrek don't eat it!!! Prices so low you may get arrested for stealing!!!:)

Ruler2, BasMstr, Rachet_36 and 5 others like this.
  15. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Southern reloading What can I say? He is simply the best!!! :101010::D

16. rrharris

rrharris I can't right now I'm busy.

Third for RSS in Pearl. I send my transfers to them. Ryan is a helpful as they get. Smart fella too.

17. Ruler2

Ruler2 Active Member

One place I've stumbled upon recently was Cowart's Arms & Ammo (and military surplus) on Hwy 80 in Pearl. Decent selection of ammo and mags/accessories on hand, and the price he gave me on a pistol I'm looking to order was MUCH lower than anyone else I've talked to. Gonna have to check out RSS too though!

18. Fishez3

Fishez3 Full Poster

Another vote for RSS. They are always helpful.

19. Boondocks Firearms Training Academy in Raymond has a $20 Transfer Fee; even for multiple transfers, only $20.

https://www.boondocksfta.com

20. checker

checker Distinguished Poster

I have always liked Vanns. Back when I wanted to handload some 44 mag. ammo for my grandson's single shot, I looked online for primers, H110 powder, 180 gr. HP bullets, to no avail.
    By chance I stopped by Vanns, and Lo & Behold, everything I was looking for, he had in stock! And the prices were actually lower than I thought that they would be. Thats back when some components were being price scalped by others because of the lack of availability. Maybe some of his prices are not as competitive as others, but I have found he is competitive in general.