close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's your favorite target weapon, long gun, pistol, shotgun?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by cs700, Apr 27, 2016.

1. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

With many different choices these days for target shooting it's hard to do them all. But everyone seems to have a favorite. Busting clays with a shotgun is fun (can be tough on an old shoulder). Shooting steel with a pistol is a ball (I'm a mediocre pistol shooter but have fun doing it). I'm too old & slow for the run & gun stuff. I leave that for younger & in better shape than me folks.
    Bench rest shooting with a long gun (center fire or rimfire) is my favorite. Shooting a rimfire for score at 50, 100 & 200 yards is a real blast for me. Or a center fire rifle against 2" or smaller target or pingpong ball on a string at 300 yards. Then there's 600 yard bench rest shooting, another super fun challenge. One day I might just give the f-class shooting from prone a try.

The joy of shooting in this day & time is meeting folks & sharing our enjoyment of our shooting sports. Having a chance to try & letting other folks try our shooting type things is all part of the enjoyment to me.

DEADEYE 1, CajunBP, phillipd and 2 others like this.
  2. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

There is no such thing as bad shooting specially with good folks!!!!! :101010::101010::101010:

bar306, BasMstr, 45flattop and 7 others like this.

3. patchz

patchz Court Jester

I like shooting pistols best. I like steel but silhouette targets and defensive format is my favorite. But I can't think of a shooting sport I wouldn't enjoy if I was physically able to do it, including archery.

charlie2t, rigrat, bar306 and 7 others like this.
  4. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

5. Shrek

Shrek Distinguished Poster

I like thinning the paper plate horde with pistol or rifle, and if SubGunFan is around the smg :D

The absolute best though is being with like minded folks regardless of what were shooting or shooting at.

rigrat, BasMstr, Trashy and 6 others like this.
  6. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I like all of them. The old blued and wood. Milsurps. I shoot my 22/45 more than anything. Next would be my 45 and it's running a close race with my 22/45.

7. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Pistol would be my Sum Gy 1911 in .45. Revolver would be 7 5/8" blackhawk .44 mag. Shotgun is my B.C. Miroku 20 gauge double barrel Browning knock off. Long gun would be either my antique Ruger .308 bolt gun or my kid's Savage .17HMR with accutrigger.

8. oldfart

oldfart Distinguished Poster

Remington nylon 66 my dad bought me new way back

9. wllmkttrll

wllmkttrll Distinguished Poster

clinton
    I like pulling the trigger on what ever I got.Different targets for different triggers.

10. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

When Sum Gy gets my 45 finished, I know I'll sleep with it. :)

11. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Got too many "favorites" to count!

12. Leadburner

Leadburner Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

All kinds of shooting sports to enjoy.:)

upload_2016-4-27_22-51-21.png

Haveme1, HotRod61, tWillis and 3 others like this.
  13. Stryker6

Stryker6 Distinguished Poster

If I'm going out to my place to shoot by myself I'll usually take my built 308, 300 win mag and AR10 to ring the plates we have set up from 100-350, if my kids come along, I'll bring an assortment of 22's, 22 mags maybe a couple AR's and AK's, they enjoy shooting up all dad's ammo and I enjoy watching them do it lol.

CajunBP, phillipd, cs700 and 3 others like this.
  14. tWillis

tWillis Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Anything with black powder.

15. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

16. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I like shooting handguns the best, with a slight edge to revolvers. I like to occasionally try to hit a target at longer range with a rifle.

BasMstr and CajunBP like this.
  17. HotRod61

HotRod61 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Pulling any trigger is my favorite.

Like others have said its being with friends and other people with the same interest.

Leadburner, fordpkup, rigrat and 2 others like this.
  18. hubcap

hubcap Distinguished Poster

My favorite gun is the one in my hand. :)

19. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Well whatever you shoot you need to use Sum Guy Gun Lube!!!! And for me it is my Pro Sport K-80 Krieghoff!!

20. Duncan

Duncan Full Poster

Model 12 BVSS 22-250 stainless with Leupold 8.5 X 25 X 50 LR with target dot.