Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
16,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where in the Constitution does it say people can have all the guns the want?

It doesn’t.

What it does say is this:

… the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[1]

Let’s take a deeper look, shall we.

The Right of the People… If we look to the Declaration of Independence[2], we can see that the Founding Fathers believe certain rights, namely, we assume, those they listed in the Bill of Rights, to be unalienable.

According to Google, an unalienable right is a right that is unable to be taken away involuntarily or even voluntarily. So, basically, this is saying the people have a right that can’t be taken away.

to Keep and Bear Arms… In the Supreme Court Case of District of Columbia v. Heller[3] (2008), it was ruled that “to keep and bear arms” allowed American citizens to keep firearms for their private use and that they did not need to be involved in a militia of any sort.[4]

Shall Not Be Infringed. Shall. Not. Be. Infringed. Again, let’s go to Google for a definition. Infringed: “Act so as to limit or undermine; encroach on.” Words with similar meanings include: undermine, erode, diminish, weaken, impair.

So, these rights shall not be limited or encroached upon. They should not be weakened or impaired.

Hmmm… Interesting.

So while the Constitution does not in fact say that people can have all the guns they want, it does say that the government, and the people themselves, can not infringe upon the right.

And since infringe means limit, then the Constitution clearly states that the People’s right to keep and bear arms shall not be limited.

Well then, I guess we can Constitutionally own as many damn guns as we’d like.

Without limits.

Without interference.

And without hassle.

Footnotes

[1] Second Amendment

[2] Declaration of Independence: A Transcription

[3] Dc V Heller - Cases

[4] The Supreme Court's Impact on the Second Amendment

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
This is a really good thing since a great many of the posters on this site have enough guns and ammo to be considered "a large arsenal" by the mass media! And probably by most Law Enforcement Departments, also.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
This is a really good thing since a great many of the posters on this site have enough guns and ammo to be considered "a large arsenal" by the mass media! And probably by most Law Enforcement Departments, also.
Unfortunately, It doesn't take many to be considered a large arsenal.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Unfortunately, It doesn't take many to be considered a large arsenal.
Yeah, I always get a laugh out of the reports of somebody having an "arsenal" who is found to have seven guns and a couple hundred rounds of ammo! ;)

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,520 Posts
So what's wrong with having an arsenal? It aint illegal. Maybe the libbies are just envious.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
I can’t hardly believe it but I went boating this morning and have already lost the ones I picked up at the gun show yesterday. Guess I’ll just have to get by with a pointy stick for protection till I can make it by the gun shop.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
It is no accident or mistake, that the US Government - ALL of it, including the Supreme Court, has repeatably and deliberately "interpreted" the Constitution and the BoR, to favor Government control of every one of the "unalienable rights". It's what Governments always do, regardless of their form, to consolidate their power. We were warned. But we have chosen to ignore the warnings in favor of "free stuff" handed out by Government. Try not to get too tangled up in the strings that are attached to all that "free stuff".

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
16,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True Gunny
Why do you think they are making med pot legal?
Answer is, when you get a medical pot card. You are NOW DOCUMENTED as a drug user and just lost your 2-A rights...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Where does it say that you can't have all of the guns you want?

Answer: It doesn't say that at all, in fact it says just the opposite... Right there in bold print in front of God, Congress, The Courts and democrats!
It's simple..."The Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"
Not complicated or convoluted in any way...Simple..Shall not be infringed.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Where does it say that you can't have all of the guns you want?

Answer: It doesn't say that at all, in fact it says just the opposite... Right there in bold print in front of God, Congress, The Courts and democrats!
It's simple..."The Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"
Not complicated or convoluted in any way...Simple..Shall not be infringed.
Uh huh. And the courts and politicians, among others, come right back and tell you that "this little common sense rule, law, or regulation" is not an "infringment".

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Now Vick I think you may also be included in the frea of which you speak! Or you must be referring to 22lrfan!!! I know you weren't including me in that!!

·
ULTIMATE WEAPON THE GLOCK IS....FAIL IT DOES NOT
3,552 Posts
True Gunny
Why do you think they are making med pot legal?
Answer is, when you get a medical pot card. You are NOW DOCUMENTED as a drug user and just lost your 2-A rights...
Do they do that with Xanax? Soma? Vicodin?

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Sometimes, depends on the precise circumstances for the individual, but not as a general rule, since those prescription drugs are legal under Federal law. The difference is that pot is still illegal under Federal law, and in most States.

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
16,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soma,Xanaz, Vicodin are not illegal drugs
Pot is an illegal drug. Your med card is proof you use illegal drugs

4473_drug_question.png

Reactions: bar306

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
But, but, but...EEEK! I'm already a documented drug user...I've got drugs for my blood pressure, drugs for my cholesterol, drugs for my diabetes, drugs for my sinuses, drugs for headaches...oh God, I guess I better go take one of the headache ones...! :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts