Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy black powder in the Jackson area? Been to several places and all they have is the subtitutes.

·
Premium Member
20,394 Posts
Online. Get with @BigNick73 on here. he ordered some recently he can let you know. Also try @southernreloading on here, he supplies metallic powder and maybe can get blackpowder.

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
Real black power is not available anywhere in central MS that I know of. :(

·
Super Moderator
8,637 Posts
Bass Pro Shops in Pearl used to carry it. Due to storage requirements set forth by the ATF, they kept it in a locker, separate from the main building. You had to have a manager get it for you. You can also order online from Powder Inc. or Jack's Powder Keg. Jack's is located in Marksville, LA, so technically you could pick it up there and avoid the HazMat shipping fee. Randy at Southern Reloading doesn't handle black powder.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
No one in MS. Southern Reloading can't get it. Several of us on hear would participate on a group buy. I need some 1.5 Swiss. I've got a thread on hear somewhere asking the same with maybe one person saying they are interested as well.

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts
I checked with Bass Pro a while back. They said they had quit carrying it. They only have the substitutes.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,616 Posts
We made it for a science project in elementary school. But that was another lifetime far away in the early 60s. Cabelas probably sells it.??
Forgot to add the Dupont Plant blew up years ago that made it. But you should be able to locate some now.

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
Guys I would try to get it but as for stocking it there are way to many restrictions on it. You enter a whole nother realm of dealing with the ATF on it. None of my main suppliers carry it for the same reasons. I would suggest a group buy on it from someone.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I ordered a 5 lb lot from powderinc.com The shipping is $60, included in the price listings, deals get much better if you buy more as that shipping is the same for 5 lbs or 25lbs. It's out of Arkansas so showed up fairly quick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts