Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Which scope?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  savageshooter 
#1 ·
I am looking at optics for my new rifle. I will be shooting at least 600 yrd with this gun. Mainly long range hunting and maybe f class when I get time. Here are the ones I have been looking at

Sightron SII Big Sky Rifle Scope w/Climate Control Coating 6.5-20x50mm, MilDot Reticle
Nikon Monarch Scope 5-20x44SF Matte Black, Nikoplex Scope
Nikon Monarch Scope 6-24x50SF Matte Black, Fine Cross Hai Scope
Bushnell Elite 4200 Rainguard 6-24x40 Matte Side Focus MilDot

Opinions?

#2 ·
I have the Bushnell Elite 6500 and love it. puts both my leupold VXIII and nikon Monarch to shame. the clarity is by far superior to both of them. I was very scared to spend that much $ on a Bushnell but after shooting my buddys I was a firm believer in the 6500,,, :2c:

#4 ·
i too give high marks to the Bushnell elite 6500, its way above the 4500's. I compared it at about dark against my vxIII and like Rbelote says, its no comparrison. mine is on my 7/08 ti and is a 2.5x 14 maybe i know objective is 42mm and tube is 30mm and it both clearer and brighter than my 3x9x50's and is pretty comparable to my 6.5x20x50 which is also a 30mm tube. i would buy another one if the need arises and would pick it over most of the leupolds (mark4's not included in this comment)

#7 ·
I have recently purchased (3) 4200's and am thinking about a 6500 for my 22-250 varmit gernade rifle

for 600 yard shots...I'm assuming F class shooting... I have a 6-24x50 Bushnell 4200 mil-dot

I'd go ahead and get the 50 mm's though instead of 40's

The Bushnell Elite series is made by Bauch and Lomb and they are far better than some of the crud Bushnell has been famous for in times past....

Don't be scared...buy buy buy

#8 ·
I am looking at the 4200 6-24x50 SF Mil-Dot. It should do well on top of my 25-06. Like I said, just waiting on my money now. Had someone put down a deposit on something I was selling. Now just waiting on him to come and get it and pay me the rest. Worst case he will not buy it and I get to keep the deposit and sell it to someone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.