Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
I didn’t know about there being any kind of turtle season myself……then again,never has mattered either. If too many get in the ponds…….they usually disappear.
Only ones that I’ve ever had any hands on dealings with are gopher and alligator turtles. I remove the alligator snappers or have helped them across a road.
had to go in my old photobucket account for these pictures……probably taken 10/11yrs ago on Hwy63. I threw on some gloves and grabbed him by the tail,helped him cross over. Sucker was heavy.
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Plant Road surface
Font Symbol Signage Logo Personal protective equipment
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Plant Road surface
Font Symbol Signage Logo Personal protective equipment

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
That's cool Ellis that's an alligator snapper, was lots of them in south Louisiana when I was growing up. I have never seen one since I moved here, just the common snappers.
I rarely come across them,especially in the last 10/12 years. I don’t go to the game management lands much because I don’t want to have my truck and person strip searched every time I come across a power tripping game warden.
Use to see them every now and again in the lakes down here. Find them mostly moving from water to water. I know if they ever get close to water you’ll never get your hands on them. Least I won’t! If I can’t see where those jaws are,I ain’t putting my hands down there! 😂

Talk about live action! Yee Yee
Water Arm Human body Tree Jaw

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
Gotta have some respect for something that's been around on the planet for so long that Allosaurs were probably frantically trying to shake them off when they clamped on the unlucky carnivores' massive foot. Worse than stepping on a Lego in the dark.
No doubt. They also ,from my understanding,don’t spawn often. So if I see one,and I think it would be in a precarious situation……I help it along.

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
Yep. Me too. It could still get off the rails pretty quick. I dont figure most of us need to worry about the bag limit though.
Well……with RW’s stinky fat neighbor (that he nibbled the ear lobe of) description in another tread…..I’m sure we could splice that in here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts