Who sharpens Kitchen Knifes in the Jackson Area?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Evil Zim, Oct 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Evil Zim

Evil Zim Distinguished Poster

There used to be a guy at Whole Foods on Saturdays but he has vanished....Anyone else?

Sancho Panza likes this.
  2. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    There was a post here in the last week or so from someone who will be at just about all the gun shows. I think it was in the blades thread. I hope he is at the Wahabi show in November

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017

3. phillipd

columbus
    4th post down in the blades thread

4. I will be there in November. Mention MSGO and get your first knife free.

5. War Eagle 78

War Eagle 78 Full Poster

I have used Loves Sharpening. He is mobile and stopped by my office in Jackson to sharpen the shovels, hoes, axes and knives I brought. Reasonable. Nice guy.

phillipd likes this.
  6. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Distinguished Poster

Do your own. Get a 1-inch belt sander from Harbor Freight. You can get fine grit belts at Home Depot that last a long time.

[​IMG]

I have also discovered that I can use the 1-inch fine grit belts the way barbers used to use leather strops to put an edge on knives.

I just loop one end of the belt over a horizontal bar (clamped in my vise) and hold the other end in my left hand and strop my knives a few strokes.

Mesquite and phillipd like this.
  7. DoyleAlley

DoyleAlley Distinguished Poster

I really want one of those Work Sharp belt knife sharpeners. I've got a Lansky system now and it works OK for a wide and short blade, it doesn't work well at all for a very narrow or long blade.

8. I'll have some worksharps for sale.

9. phillipd

columbus
    Cool. I'll be out front under the covered entrance. I'll try and bring a few for you to sharpen. Looking forward to meeting you

10. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

What's your prices & turn around time on kitchen knives?

Mesquite and cmmj63 like this.
  11. $3 on straight edges and $4-6 on serrated. If you come to the show, I'll have them done in a few minutes. If you mail them to me, I'll mail them back the next day on your nickle.

12. I would like to add that I use diamond stones, and a 2000 grit belt to re-bevel some knives. Most knives I use Arkansas stones and leather.

I will have a selection of paddle strops(with rouge), Arkansas Stones and a variety of Worksharp products.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Mesquite likes this.
  13. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

Thanks. I'll see you at the show.

cmmj63 and Mesquite like this.
  14. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

? Prices on workshop devices.

15. Sorry, I am prohibited from posting prices. I will say this, I am cheaper than Bass Pro and competitive with most online outlets.

Mesquite likes this.
  16. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Is wahabi show this weekend 4,or next weekend?

17. This weekend

18. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

19. No, I'm not James, I have been working gun shows for several years. I basically sharpened knives to demonstrate my stones. With the absence of James, I decided to up my game and move to the front. I will still be working with Donnie and Gloria Kinard honoring their eversharp policy ,and my wife will be at their tables.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    Mesquite and mascott like this.