close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who's a sucker for a cheap sight,optics

Discussion in 'Optics and Accessories' started by Ellis93, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I've been pleased with my el'cheapos. I'm bidding on a truglow right now. Hopping to pic it up for 40$.....figured I try one lol

2. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

You're becoming a ebay junkie, LOL.

BasMstr, phillipd and Ellis93 like this.

3. Ellis93

No.....I "am" an eBay junky. I buy a LOT of stuff off there......shamefully so lol

BasMstr, phillipd and rigrat like this.
  4. Ellis93

I have not understood why the 10 and 20 round mags are as high as the 30round. I know the 30s are more popular but it takes less material to make the others. I'd like to get some of the smaller count mags for testing new loads but that's about it.....maybe use them for bench rest shooting or something....but for plinking,it's easier to just grab a couple of 30s.

CajunBP and BasMstr like this.
  5. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Yep I'd like a 10 to hunt with and just think the 20's would be easier all the way around. Guess they are higher because they sell less volume of them?

CajunBP likes this.
  6. Ellis93

rigrat and BasMstr like this.
  7. deepsouth

deepsouth Distinguished Poster

Tupelo
    I've had real good luck with sightmark reflex sights. Excellent value for the money IMO. I'm partial to the sightmark ultra shot QD, which is the quick disconnect version of the ultra shot. Here's a link to academy, but they can be found cheaper if you poke around. I think I gave $79 for the last one I bought.
    Sightmark Ultra Shot QD Digital Switch Reflex Sight | Academy

8. Ellis93

@rigrat
    PSA has this right now
    image.png

mattblake, rigrat and BasMstr like this.
  9. I ordered two set of the cheap Magpul ripoffs on Oct. 4th and still haven't received a shipping notice or the sites. No replies from emails or anything so I'm out 12 bucks.

10. Ellis93

They took forever to come in for me.

11. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep JEEP MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Have to come all way from Xingxang china lol

rigrat likes this.
  12. Joshua Seely

Joshua Seely Distinguished Poster

rigrat and lazi like this.
  13. lazi

lazi Distinguished Poster

Man I'm tempted to get a couple of those $20 red dots. I'm going to check the video when I get home but I have a couple firearms that I couple stick those on.

14. Joshua Seely

Joshua Seely Distinguished Poster

Ya after I watched the video and read the reviews I was amazed just got to get my card activated and I'm going to order a couple my self.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  15. lazi

lazi Distinguished Poster

That $20 red dot just came in. First impressions, I'm impressed for the price. It feels solid. There's nothing that appears cheesy or cheap other than the box it came in. I haven't sighted it in or shot with yet but I'm looking forward to using it.

On a side note... I really like that it doest have any names or badges on it. So yeah it's cheaper but it's not advertising just how cheap. It's just a red dot.

phillipd, Mesquite and BasMstr like this.
  16. Mine came in today. They are really cheap and barely functional but would work in a pinch if needed.

Ellis93 likes this.
  17. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Distinguished Poster

I have bought more cheap sights than I care to mention but I absolutely loathed the mbuis knock offs. Hated them wouldn't stay folded down and they eventually fell to pieces.
    And on a side magpul allows some Chinese company to make and import those sights for airsoft or "training" purposes. Or at least that's what I've read. Somewhere on that box it says for training and simulations.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017