Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the MSDH web site:

------------------------------
Where You Can Be Vaccinated

Any Mississippian may visit any private vaccination provider or drive-through vaccination site in any county.
There is no restriction to receive vaccination in the county where you live. However, since COVID-19 vaccination requires two doses, please arrange for your second vaccination at the same location that you received your first vaccination to ensure accurate recordkeeping.

Many local hospitals and private health clinics can now provide COVID-19 vaccinations to qualifying Mississippians. Contact a provider directly to arrange for vaccination.

---------------------------------

But, when I click on their "List of local COVID-19 vaccination providers by county" (copy attached), I only get a list of 45 counties, which does NOT include Warren and 36 other counties.

And, when I go to the "drive through locations and dates", I only get:

------------------------------
Adams County Health Department
Natchez, MS 39120
Available: Thursday 1/21/2021

Forrest - Lake Terrace Convention Center
Hattiesburg, MS 39401
Available: Wednesday 1/20/2021

Jackson County Health Department
Pascagoula, MS 39581
Available: Friday 1/22/2021

Jones County Health Department
Ellisville, MS 39440
Available: Monday 1/18/2021

Lafayette County (NG Armory/Oxford Conference
Center)
Oxford, MS 38655
Available: Wednesday 1/20/2021

Lauderdale County Health Department
Meridian, MS 39304
Available: Tuesday 1/19/2021

Lowndes County (Fairview Baptist Church)
Columbus, MS 39702

Neshoba County (Coliseum)
Philadelphia, MS 39350

Oktibbeha County (Mississippi Horse Park)
Starkville, MS 39759
Available: Thursday 1/21/2021

Panola (Batesville Civic Center)
Batesville, MS 38606

Pike County Health Department
McComb, MS 39648

UMMC Flowood Family Medicine Center
Flowood, MS 39232
Available: (blank)

Washington County Health Department
Greenville, MS 38701
Available: Tuesday 1/19/2021

-------------------------------------------------

Warren County had a record number of new cases last month . . . and there is nowhere to get a vaccine???

Attachments

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
We were wondering the same about Lincoln County.
BTW it took 8 1/2 hours to break through and get an appointment near me yesterday afternoon into last night.
Three of us(3 different devices) tried to get me registered under medical conditions provision starting ~1400 and finally succeeded at approximately 2240.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
But, when I click on their "List of local COVID-19 vaccination providers by county" (copy attached), I only get a list of 45 counties, which does NOT include Warren and 36 other counties.
Biggest problem getting drive through locations set up is personnel to staff them. Plus all the logistics to operate them.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Wife called a number that she was given to get an appointment for the vaccine at Trustmark Park in Pearl. It went to somewhere in Hinds county and they told her we could get it of W. Northside drive. I googled the address and told her I couldn’t carry enough firepower to feel safe taking her into the heart of the combat zone, (just west of Medgar Evers blvd). We got an appointment with our primary care physician on the 27th.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Both the vaccines which are currently approved require super-cold storage until the actual day of use. I'm thinking those counties just don't have any cold storage facility that can handle them. The J&J vaccine will not require that kind of cold storage. It's trial and approval is running a few months behind the other two that are already approved.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
My wife is over 75 and I have been trying to get her an appointment since she became eligible. Never could find a location with an opening. Since eligibility has been expanded to those over 65 or with medical conditions before the older group had a real opportunity to get vaccinated, I am now number 5,261 on the wait list to even begin the process to enable me to see the potential list of available locations. Great thinking CDC/MSDH....NOT!!!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Two locations in Warren county are administering the vaccine. Oxford/AZ vaccine has released data but still not available. No profit and the head of Warp isn’t an AZ Board of Director member, so I expect a few more months delay.

For the record, a family member is getting the Moderna van in the am.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Care to share those Warren County locations?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I suspect it has to do with storage requirements. The Pfizer vaccine needs to be kept at -70 C and very few places have the ability to store that vaccine. Whereas the moderna vaccine is -20 C (same as the chicken pox vaccine storage requirements), so most if not all health departments across the state. However, equipment is known to fail and malfunction from time to time and it is plausible that the areas not able to offer the vaccine at this time is due to failure of their freezers. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
We were wondering the same about Lincoln County.
BTW it took 8 1/2 hours to break through and get an appointment near me yesterday afternoon into last night.
Three of us(3 different devices) tried to get me registered under medical conditions provision starting ~1400 and finally succeeded at approximately 2240.
Me too for DeSoto County ... (I was #6507 ...)

Reactions: bar306 and granjack

·
Registered
15,775 Posts
Also, Biden said publickly yesterday that he's going to prioritize it by race. Minorities first. All us white folks get to the back of the bus. How's that for " fair & equitable"? :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Also, Biden said publickly yesterday that he's going to prioritize it by race. Minorities first. All us white folks get to the back of the bus. How's that for " fair & equitable"? :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Haha, seems they forgot to send the shipment to Gulfport! Maybe I shoulda signed up for it. Mighta coulda made a little a coin selling it!

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
My wife is over 75 and I have been trying to get her an appointment since she became eligible. Never could find a location with an opening. Since eligibility has been expanded to those over 65 or with medical conditions before the older group had a real opportunity to get vaccinated, I am now number 5,261 on the wait list to even begin the process to enable me to see the potential list of available locations. Great thinking CDC/MSDH....NOT!!!
Have you tried the website? It took a long while but we got an appointment in the adjacent county for Monday the 18th. It gave us a choice on which site we wanted, statewide. When we clicked on a site it gave appt. times available (if any) for this week and next.

Reactions: granjack

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Yes...got put in a "queue" of 7,000 plus....got as low as 272 when the website went crazy and kept putting me at number 5,000+ or 8,000+ and so on until it told me there were no more appointments available. This was over several hours this morning. Typical government bull___!!!

Reactions: rigrat

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Yes...got put in a "queue" of 7,000 plus....got as low as 272 when the website went crazy and kept putting me at number 5,000+ or 8,000+ and so on until it told me there were no more appointments available. This was over several hours this morning. Typical government bull___!!!
Sorry to hear that. When I clicked on the Pike County health department, it listed days of this week and next. On some days it said unavailable. On the other days that still had a appointment time open it said "click for time", I clicked, chose an available time, and got my appointment. They then sent me an email confirmation to print. Are you going to a specific county's health department once you're on the list of sites that provide the vaccination? We got no mention of a number, nor of being in a "queue".
Another suggestion: call your local hospital if they're listed as a provider. I called Walthall County hospital yesterday, unfortunately after 5pm, and left a voicemail. I received a call back about an hour ago to schedule an appointment for another family member who was unable to access the website, and got another appointment.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts