Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Two locations in Warren county are administering the vaccine. Oxford/AZ vaccine has released data but still not available. No profit and the head of Warp isn’t an AZ Board of Director member, so I expect a few more months delay.

For the record, a family member is getting the Moderna van in the am.
I drove over to the Vicksburg MEA clinic on Clay Street this morning. Got there around 10:00 a.m. Had to wait at the door a while, but they finally let me in.

The nice young girl behind the plexiglas said, "We were giving the Covid-19 vaccinations, but somebody came and took all of our vaccine. We have none now."

I asked when they did it and she said, "Earlier this morning."

I asked who did it and she said, "The State, I think."

Two people from Warren County have called the Mississippi Health Department and have been told, "Your closest place to get vaccinated is either Claiborne County Medical Center in Port Gibson or Baptist Medical Group Clinton in Clinton."

The Mississippi Health Department phone answerer could not explain why Warren County has no vaccine but agreed that it makes no sense.

I also called the Warren County Health Department and they were clueless in all respects.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
HerrZnk,
Appreciate you trying to help. Nothing at Warren County Health Dept. since they are not providing shots. Local hospital is not provider. I clicked on make an appointment and got the queue. Gonna keep trying. Just irritates me that the CDC and the state had to rush to the next group before insuring the over 75 group had opportunity to get vaccinated.

Reactions: 2A_1791

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
The Mississippi State Department of Health had a vaccine distribution plan in place that has been significantly altered in the last few days – especially in the last 24 hours. Neither the county health department drive-through sites, nor the UMMC vaccine scheduling website was designed to accommodate the monumental surge we are currently experiencing. At this time, we have no additional vaccine, and every appointment is tied to an actual vaccination.

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
I got in on 02/02/2021, First open time was 11:40 am till end of day every 20 minutes, nope full. Went back and found 2:20 open, nope full. 2:40 got it.
Went back to sign Debbie on, nope the county is full.

·
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Warren County EMA: Efforts underway to set up COVID-19 vaccine site

Warren County Emergency Management Agency Director John Elfer released a letter Wednesday announcing efforts to establish a COVID-19 vaccination distribution site in Warren County as early as next week.

We understand that as the number of groups eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccinations expands, residents of Warren County and the City of Vicksburg are eager to receive their vaccines as quickly and as safely as possible. Mississippi Department of Health officials designated approximately one quarter of the counties in Mississippi for vaccination sites, with Warren County residents who register to receive the vaccination being directed to neighboring counties.

We are in regular contact with officials as MSDH and the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency to expedite designation of vaccination sites in Warren County. Our goal is to have a public vaccination site at Pemberton Mall established as soon as one week from now.

We are also working with local health providers to establish a roster of health professionals willing to assist in expansion of state vaccinations to Warren County. Initial local private health care facilities that have been approved to administer vaccinations as supplies of the vaccine are made available are Mission Primary Care and Medical Associates of Vicksburg.

Persons 65 and older and those 18-64 with underlying medical conditions can schedule vaccination appointments for current state sites at covidvaccine.umc.edu. We will update the public on establishment of a Warren County site and instructions for making appointments when that site becomes available.

Warren County and City of Vicksburg officials and our partners are committed to doing all that is within our power to support the health and safety of our public. We appreciate our medical community for stepping up since the earliest days of the pandemic to protect and serve our residents.

Warren County EMA: Efforts underway to set up COVID-19 vaccine site - The Vicksburg Post

·
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No more appointments: State’s vaccine supply fully committed

A day after expanding the criteria for those eligible to get their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, the state has now suspended appointments. The state announced that every dose currently in stock is “tied to an actual vaccination.”

Those wanting to register for an appointment must now wait weeks before the state receives another shipment of the vaccine, which is not expected until mid-February.

“The Mississippi State Department of Health hopes to receive a large shipment of vaccine in mid-February that should help put additional shots in people’s arms. We understand the frustration brought on by this sudden change of plans. We will certainly keep all Mississippians updated regarding additional vaccine,” the Mississippi State Department of Health said in a statement posted on its website Wednesday evening.

Tuesday, Gov. Tate Reeves and state health officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs lamented the speed at which vaccines had been administered and expanded the criteria to those eligible to get a vaccine to those 65 and older.

Reeves received his first dose of the vaccine Wednesday during a Facebook Live broadcast.

In recent days, the state’s website and scheduling systems were overwhelmed with residents trying to schedule appointments to get a vaccine.

“Neither the county health department drive-through sites, nor the UMMC vaccine scheduling website was designed to accommodate the monumental surge we are currently experiencing,” the health department said. “At this time, we have no additional vaccine, and every appointment is tied to an actual vaccination.”

No more appointments: State's vaccine supply fully committed - The Vicksburg Post

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Love how Reeves basically pushed educators back twice, and now that they are saying all vaccinations for January are spoken for, he and his family broke in line to get theirs.

·
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I bet that the vaccine that will be coming in mid-February is for the second shots of folks who got their first shot in mid-January.

Unless they get lots more vaccine in February, it won't be for 1st shots for additional people.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I bet that the vaccine that will be coming in mid-February is for the second shots of folks who got their first shot in mid-January.

Unless they get lots more vaccine in February, it won't be for 1st shots for additional people.
I heard on MPB this morning that those who got the first vaccine already have the 2nd one "lined up" (my words) for them in storage just waiting, in other words when you sign up / receive the first vaccine the second dose is already there waiting. All appointments are tied to a specific 2-dose vaccination.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,492 Posts
I'm just waiting to see if its walking dead or world war z zombies we are going to get.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
The Mississippi State Department of Health had a vaccine distribution plan in place that has been significantly altered in the last few days – especially in the last 24 hours. Neither the county health department drive-through sites, nor the UMMC vaccine scheduling website was designed to accommodate the monumental surge we are currently experiencing. At this time, we have no additional vaccine, and every appointment is tied to an actual vaccination.
(n)(n)(n)

Past time for a lawsuit over this. 😷

·
μολὼν λαβέ
36,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Also, Biden said publickly yesterday that he's going to prioritize it by race. Minorities first. All us white folks get to the back of the bus. How's that for " fair & equitable"? :mad:
"What can brown do for you?"

<sarc> [former UPS commercial slogan]

·
10,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I heard on MPB this morning that those who got the first vaccine already have the 2nd one "lined up" (my words) for them in storage just waiting, in other words when you sign up / receive the first vaccine the second dose is already there waiting. All appointments are tied to a specific 2-dose vaccination.
I hope you are right.

If so that means that either:

(a) they are storing half of the January shipment for the month-long interval, or

(b) they used all of the January shipment giving the first round, and the February shipment will be larger than the January shipment.

I sense that left hand does not know what the left hand (much less the right hand) is doing.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
According to WAPT news: 264,000 doses distributed, 85,000 administered in the state. Curiouser and curiouser!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts