Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A simple rifleman's problem. He did not increase elevation from 100 to 300 yards. He should have gone up 5 MOA or clicks on the M1A-M14 from the 100 yard zero to 300 yards. He would have been shooting 15"-18" low at 300 with a 100 yard zero.

100-200 yards up 2 clicks
200-300 yards up 3 more clicks
300-600 yards up 12 more clicks

The last challenge was the best.

Doug
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
Missed the show ... have to catch it on a rerun .. I thoughts these were "top shots?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,264 Posts
captain-03 said:
Missed the show ... have to catch it on a rerun .. I thoughts these were "top shots?"
80% of them were "handgun only" types... That 300 yd final shot was the longest shot taken on the show... I dont remember them taking anything longer than 150 prior to that.
 

·
Site Member
Joined
·
572 Posts
Doug Bowser said:
A simple rifleman's problem. He did not increase elevation from 100 to 300 yards. He should have gone up 5 MOA or clicks on the M1A-M14 from the 100 yard zero to 300 yards. He would have been shooting 15"-18" low at 300 with a 100 yard zero.

100-200 yards up 2 clicks
200-300 yards up 3 more clicks
300-600 yards up 12 more clicks

The last challenge was the best.

Doug
Yep, after it was all done he said that he was in such a rush to take a shot since the other guy was right there with him that he never though to make the adjustments. Just a $100,000 mistake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,333 Posts
I watched the whole season recap on sunday and for being experts only a few of them impressed me. J.J. was a world record pistol shooter but yet he did not have full mastery of pistols only a few. Im not saying im an expert by any means but I have shot a large variety of weapons and most with a little practice im not too bad at. I wonder what it takes to get on the next season of it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,264 Posts
Lt.Dan said:
I watched the whole season recap on sunday and for being experts only a few of them impressed me. J.J. was a world record pistol shooter but yet he did not have full mastery of pistols only a few. Im not saying im an expert by any means but I have shot a large variety of weapons and most with a little practice im not too bad at. I wonder what it takes to get on the next season of it?
I saw a link to a casting call on sigforum a while back, i will try to find it. I bet the ringers are out in full force in season 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,333 Posts
Yea Im sure there will be a lot better people trying out this time, especially after watching this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
I was rooting for kelly to win because they under estimated him the entire show. He was able to pick up on other weapons quicker than any of them especially pistols being that he was strickly a rifleman.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,182 Posts
Yeah.. He even said he was in a hurry to "get a shot off" because he said he was behind
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top