Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kind of crap to a new shooter? Guess they are just stupid ....

[flash=640,385]http://www.youtube.com/v/h3PUXbo3tCo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
I see it all the time. There are literally dozens of "lets give this large caliber gun to this girl" videos.

All it does is makes us look bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,550 Posts
I've never seen any humor in this....

I'm gonna sound like the old fart that I am...

but personally I've never understood today's younger generation fascination with filming themselves, taking pictures of themselves and trying to share every moment of their otherwise worthless lives with the rest of the world...Oh Geeezzz...is that what we do here :thinking:

well not every moment any way.

as for the topic at hand...My Dad always said "Boy, There just aint no cure for dumb ass"....
 

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
Joined
·
21,158 Posts
I have never seen the humor in doing it either. I know a guy that got broke from giving big guns to his wife to shoot.

He had the only .454 Casull Sheriff model ever made at the time, 3 in barrel, no ejector rod, he was good friend of Wayne Baker, they made it special for him at the time.

Anyway he told his wife to shoot it, she sat down at the bench and was shooting off a rest. When she lit one off, big recoil, hammer hit her in the forehead cutting her, she looked at him and turn and threw his new special gun in the pond next to the where they were shooting. Took him 2 days to find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
708 Posts
bubbat said:
I have never seen the humor in doing it either. I know a guy that got broke from giving big guns to his wife to shoot.

He had the only .454 Casull Sheriff model ever made at the time, 3 in barrel, no ejector rod, he was good friend of Wayne Baker, they made it special for him at the time.

Anyway he told his wife to shoot it, she sat down at the bench and was shooting off a rest. When she lit one off, big recoil, hammer hit her in the forehead cutting her, she looked at him and turn and threw his new special gun in the pond next to the where they were shooting. Took him 2 days to find it.
LOL Now THAT'S funny! Served his dumb a$$ right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,486 Posts
These kind of stupid yahoo's don't have enough sense to realize that it is not funny and they are possibly turning someone off to guns forever.

I was about 5 years old and dad had a Dakota 45 LC. I kept begging to shoot it, all the while dad was saying no. I kept on and he let me try it. He held his hand behind it, so his hand hit me rather than the gun. I was scared of that gun for many years. At 15 years old, I would shoot full house 44 mags in a super redhawk, but would not shoot the 45, even tho I knew the 45 was a lot milder. I remember this, and never do this to someone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,622 Posts
Seen a guy hold a mossberg with a pistol grip up where he could look down the sights. Big ole' boy and I knew what was going to happen. Right between the eyes, he didn't even eject the shell. Just handed to the owner. That was funny 'cause it was just us guys out shootin'. He just learned his lesson and never quit shooting. But these idiots that give the wife or g/f something like that may have it come back to haunt her when she's assaulted because of fear of guns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
msredneck said:
I've never seen any humor in this....

I'm gonna sound like the old fart that I am...

but personally I've never understood today's younger generation fascination with filming themselves, taking pictures of themselves and trying to share every moment of their otherwise worthless lives with the rest of the world...Oh Geeezzz...is that what we do here :thinking:

well not every moment any way.

as for the topic at hand...My Dad always said "Boy, There just aint no cure for dumb
ass"....
You read my mind Neck, and I guess I am one of the younger generation, but I grew up way down in the country where life must be different. Also, getting a lady to shoot a high recoiling handgun and video taping makes my ears hot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,803 Posts
msredneck said:
their otherwise worthless lives
I take a bit of offense to this. This is not the first time I've heard you put down the younger generation. I agree that a lot of us are idiots. But I know many, many people of the previous generations that are just as bad, if not worse than their younger counterparts. So does it make sense to say "all people born before 19xx are worthless"?

Lumping us all into one group is ignorant.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,000 Posts
Will_M said:
msredneck said:
their otherwise worthless lives
I take a bit of offense to this. This is not the first time I've heard you put down the younger generation. I agree that a lot of us are idiots. But I know many, many people of the previous generations that are just as bad, if not worse than their younger counterparts. So does it make sense to say "all people born before 19xx are worthless"?

Lumping us all into one group is ignorant.
+1

I've seen more of this from the older crowd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
I don't think that is what he meant, but he can say so if he wants I guess. I do think some younger people today need to learn some respect, and realize not everyone cares what the hell your doing every minute of the day. I do take it personally though when people think that the younger gen is somewhat inferior. Look at our soldiers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,550 Posts
No offense meant to some of you younger folks on here..seriously...ya'll looking for a reason to be mad...geeezzz?....:tears:

anyway but I aint backing off of my statement either....

flame away...I'll survive :lol3: :tears:

we can all agree that the action in the vid was very stupid...regardless of age
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,000 Posts
Every generation has their equal share of idiots. We just happen to have the ones that are technologically programed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,201 Posts
I'm on my phone and can't see the vid but I've seen my share.

I have a similar story to hammers. Was young (don't remember the exact age) and dad had this ol single shot stevens 12 ga and I was dyin to shoot it. Dad kept sayin no and I kept beggin till he gave in. Gun was lighter than a H&R pardner, no recoil pad. Dad only had some 3" buckshot handy so that's what I got. Sat on trunk of car, pulled trigger and when I stopped rollin I was on the ground. It was a long time before I shot that ol thing again.

Sid, my cousin shot a mossberg that same way and chipped two teeth. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,486 Posts
Even tho this is off topic, since it has been started, ill chime in. Not all of the younger generation are worthless idiots. Look at us on here. Heck, I am in that bracket and run this forum. I, along with a few co workers my age, also keep a billion dollar plant operational.

Look at all the congressmen in congress now. They are part of the older generation, if you will. If you want to talk about worthless, look at them. BUt to say all older people are worthless just because of the few that are is not right.

I can find faults with every generation before me and every one that comes after. Just like anyone can find fault with my generation. There are always worthless pathetic people in any generation. But let us not characterize the whole generation because of the actions of a few.

I now dismount the soap box and return you to your original topic.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top