Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
My apologies to anyone under the age of 40 who's feelings I may have hurt....It was a generality.... not directed at any anyone on here....So

I think some you are just looking for a reason to whine...

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/UMAv1n8ieWE" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

msredneck said:
My apologies to anyone under the age of 40 who's feelings I may have hurt....It was a generality.... not directed at any anyone on here....So

I think some you are just looking for a reason to whine...
Well there 'Neck it is not like you said something that hinted that us in that next generation up lead lives any less worthless is it? You just pointed out that they tape theirs.

terry (whose life is as worthless as the next persons, or generations as the case may be)

I grew up shooting, got my first .22 rifle when i was 5.

I was about 10 when my dad let me shoot my moms 32s&w revolver. few years later he let me shoot his Super Blackhawk .44mag with some light loads. That was fun and finally got to shoot a full house 300gr load a few years later and enjoyed it till about the 2nd reload when it started stinging.

Been addicted ever since..

And thats why i have a few 22s and really light loads in my LCR 38spl, makes learning how to shoot for new shooters really fun.

That kind of stupidity,"which too many think is somehow humerous" can get someone hurt quickly and also 'of course' is dangerous to both. That second 'possible' shot may be even worse. Even if she could shoot other guns is no reason to 'have some fun'. Many folks have been hurt seriously with such stunts. Reminds me of the 'dirty harry' era when so many people got hurt with their first gun being the .44mag. I wonder how many of those folks never shot again and may have been in need of such knowledge as safe gun handling and usage at some time that may have saved their potatoes...

Well said!
The HAMMER has spoken.

I've said this before. The actions in this video are ignorant. These types of things are to be done to a unsuspecting shooting buddy of the make persuasion. Not for females, youngsters, or new shooters!
I am of the generation between neck and hammer and I have done my fair share of "hold my beer and watch this" sh!t. Never anything like that though.

I love Penn and Teller. I have 5 seasons of Bullsh*t on dvd. This one from season 7 makes my blood boil. Don't watch it to the end unless you want to see a kid crying after shooting. (my 5 yr old grins ear to ear)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLBx9XOhsm8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GLBx9XOhsm8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hammer said:
Even tho this is off topic, since it has been started, ill chime in. Not all of the younger generation are worthless idiots. Look at us on here. Heck, I am in that bracket and run this forum. I, along with a few co workers my age, also keep a billion dollar plant operational.

Look at all the congressmen in congress now. They are part of the older generation, if you will. If you want to talk about worthless, look at them. BUt to say all older people are worthless just because of the few that are is not right.

I can find faults with every generation before me and every one that comes after. Just like anyone can find fault with my generation. There are always worthless pathetic people in any generation. But let us not characterize the whole generation because of the actions of a few.

I now dismount the soap box and return you to your original topic.
Amen Hammer.

It was stupid, controlling, petty, childish, narcissistic, lower level psychotic and on top of all of that, those who do things like that have self-worth issues and are cowards to boot.

NEED TO EDIT THIS, JUST HOPE I DON'T SEE IT HAPPEN TO ANY WOMAN OR CHILD

When I was a kid and started shooting, my dad always told me how hard his 30.06 kicked him. And he was always a big guy, so I knew it would wey lay me at 9.

But he always told me, "Id never ask you to do something Id be scared to do." That applied to just about everything including shooting.

Now that Im an adult and teaching my girlfriend Sarah about shooting, Im adopting the same philosophy; I will not let her shoot anything I think would hurt her.

I know shooting is scary at first. It takes time and practice. And its hard to trust an "teacher" who lets get beat in the head by a 44 Mag bc you dont know how to hold it right.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.