close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why I like Precision Shooting Center in Forest

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by K.B., Nov 13, 2017 at 7:17 AM.

Tags:
  1. K.B.

K.B. Distinguished Poster

Cause they let you do stuff like this.

2. Xd357

Xd357 Moderator Staff Member

Edwards

3. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Ok yeah I'm lost unless your saying that rifle couldn't hit the broad side of the barn?

o_O

onlymaroonmatters likes this.
  4. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep JEEP MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    I Do hear that accuracy is not their strong suit. Have never shot one though and would like to to see for myself

5. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

The video was pointing a arrow off to the side each time.

6. TheBouncer1111

TheBouncer1111 Distinguished Poster

I have always thought of the mini14 as the american version of the AK...cheap reliable to fire, but accuracy can be limited and fluctuates wildly as the barrel heats up

mascott and onlymaroonmatters like this.
  7. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I think AK's may be more accurate than that one....:D

8. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    Pretty good ways off at that. Curious to gong diameter and distance. Assuming 10" at 50y.

I know mine definitely is

9. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    Nevermind. Just opened in YouTube and read description.
    8" at 60y. I was close lol.

Is a pretty small target at that distance with irons but it is missing a good bit. Pulling them for the most part. Or windage off a hair

10. K.B.

The video is just a small example of what PSC offers to shoot on their range. They have clay pigeons, water bottles, bowling pins, over 100 reactive target on their .22 range, moving targets, gongs, and their 300 yard range has many many steel plates to shoot at. But that's if you get tired of shooting paper.

I was hitting everything I shot at, if you didnt see the clay pigeons on the both side of the gong then you may need to upgrade your PC equipment. I see everything just fine on my 32inch 1080p monitor.

Bring on the AK, Ill be at PSC this weekend, Saturday and Sunday.

I'll be there all weekend long, I'd be more than happy to let you guys play with them.

11. K.B.

You also forgot to mention the 4inch clay pigeons that is labeled in the description. Not missing the gong, I have clay's set up on wire hangers sticking out of the ground. Either you guys need to go full screen or up grade your PC's, my 32inch 1080p monitor sees everything just fine.

12. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

LOL , didn't notice the clays at all. I'm on a laptop and half blind anyway. I'll have to go back and check it out again and look closer.

K.B. and mascott like this.
  13. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Well, now it makes sense!!! I didn't see the clays either. I am on a 15" laptop but the majority on here use their cell phones to view, so that may cause a problem. It is all good and I agree it seems like a great place!

rigrat and K.B. like this.
  14. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    This guy has a Mini that will out shoot most AR-15s. He was out shooting me at 300 yards and I aint no slouch.

They don't all shoot around corners.

mascott, rigrat and K.B. like this.
  15. K.B.

Hey thanks, and yes... PSC is a great place and I'm so happy to have found it. I shot a Turcotte for a while but the range always flooded or very crowded. But the video is more about what you can do at PSC and less about my rifle;)

mascott and rigrat like this.
  16. K.B.

Thanks Caleb, you right to. I was impressed with you shooting the same ole ragged hole at 50 yards with a 5 round "BURST" lol that boy is fast.:uzi:

mascott and rigrat like this.
  17. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    What size and resolution monitor I need?? :lol1:
    And smooth didn't see the little clays. I recant my statements then. And good shootin

K.B. and rigrat like this.
  18. K.B.

I fixed it. I had taken a lot of footage at the range but didnt want to make a long winded video. So here is something you can see. Just some easy 60 yard shots on the 8inch gong. Nothing to brag about but at least you can see the target and consistency out of the rifle. I shot up a 100 round box of 55gr AE and a few boxes of Monarch 62gr steel case ammo. These shots were at the end of the day, as the barrel had plenty of time to get hot. I was even spitting fire balls. But also notice the bowling pins and a water jug at the end of the range. And off to the right is the pop up targets, cables stretch out for running targets, and barricades for advancing targets. These guys aint playin.

mascott likes this.