Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the first one from Wicker on the upcoming election. Not a word about what he supports or any accomplishments. The entire ad was an attack on Chris. And, the accusations were all lies. It tells me that Wicker cannot point to anything positive in his time as senator. Just one more reason that I will never give him my vote. I hate all these attack ads, but polls say they are affective.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,656 Posts
Sadly, I think that Chris stands about the same chance as a snowball in hades.

I also fear that, by choosing to run in a race that he will likely lose by a significant margin, he will forever be labeled "loser".

I had rather he run for Thud's seat or maybe Governor or Lt. Governor.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Hate negative ads, but I, like NRA_guy, think that Chris may be destroying his political future by running for this seat. Wish he had waited for Thad to retire or die...but it may be that Thad was waiting to hear that Chris was otherwise committed. Politics is a convoluted and mostly dishonest game...I don't trust ANY of them! OK, I'm off my soapbox...back to your regular programming.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,097 Posts
I saw it too. What a turn-off! It immediately made me dislike Wicker and his tactic's.
Such character attacks mean one thing to me - Wicker's campaign strategy team is likely to now have some of the same key folks who helped with Thad's last campaign brought aboard since Chris has announced his primary challenge for the Senate seat that Roger holds. Ergo, the same faces... same names, et al.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts