Mississippi Gun Owners banner

Widener's has Wolf Primers on sale

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  smoffett 
#1 ·
#9 ·
You can call him and see. I'll pm u his # if you want and u can pick up at next match at magnolia. He's usually there. Stocking Dillon Dealer as well. Sales Dawson Sites too. Good guy to do business with and I'm sure a lot here can vouch for that.
Sorry if I'm jacking thread.

#12 ·
I have used both Wolf Large Pistol & Small Pistol primers (brass colored). No problems with the Large Pistol primers. However, the Small Pistol primers were too hard for my tuned S&W 586 revolver. The Small Pistol primers should be fine for pistols and "factory" revolvers. I did sell the remaining 4500 Wolf SP primers to some one else. I have 5000 of the Wolf "223/5.56" Small Rifle primers, but have not used any yet. Anyone used these yet (comments)?

#13 ·
I have used the Wolf SR in .223 without problem or any noticable difference when compared to CCI .... I would hesitate using them again....

#14 ·
SubGunFan said:
<snip> I have 5000 of the Wolf "223/5.56" Small Rifle primers, but have not used any yet. Anyone used these yet (comments)?

Yeah, I'm loading them in my 6.8. They are a harder cup to prevent slam fires, and some say they are a magnum primer. I don't know for sure, but I'm extremely happy, getting sub-MOA with these loads. No problems popping these hard primers in my AR. (It has a 'speed hammer' mod though, so YMMV.) Can be tough to get seated due to the hardness I guess. Overall very happy with these, and no plans to switch to anything else as long as they're available. HTH.

BTW, Wideners has a little rundown of the different Wolf small rifle primers here ...

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7283&dir=278|284|737

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.