Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the aged and wise among us can provide any insight for those among us who’s enthusiasm for firearms blossomed after the last scare/shortage. Personally, I have enough loaded Ammo to supply my needs for the foreseeable future. Others aren’t as lucky. Pandemic aside, with the current sociopolitical climate of the USA, can we expect to see prices and availability return to pre-pandemic levels? Or is $30+ per 50 for 115 grain FMJ 9mm the new normal?

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
My crystal ball says two years to return to "normal". I think it will be back to where it was last year. Hoarders will quit buying and supply will catch up. Last winter we had a glut.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
20,028 Posts
My crystal ball says two years to return to "normal". I think it will be back to where it was last year. Hoarders will quit buying and supply will catch up. Last winter we had a glut.
Wife was looking for a stapler today and found 500 rounds of 5.56 that I bought last winter and forgot about.

·
Registered
12,645 Posts
I don’t see things normalizing till spring, if we don’t end up with sniffy in the election.
I doubt prices will go down to what they were anytime soon either, that was the result of a almost 4 year downturn in the gun market.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I heard a guy from federal on a show saying they’ve got two years worth of orders on the books. It’s even worse on the primer front because those are going to the manufacturers before it makes it to reloaders.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,445 Posts
Wondering if the aged and wise among us can provide any insight for those among us who’s enthusiasm for firearms blossomed after the last scare/shortage. Personally, I have enough loaded Ammo to supply my needs for the foreseeable future. Others aren’t as lucky. Pandemic aside, with the current sociopolitical climate of the USA, can we expect to see prices and availability return to pre-pandemic levels? Or is $30+ per 50 for 115 grain FMJ 9mm the new normal?
No its not the new normal. Do you remember the Bummer era? It returned to record lows after that. So yes it will not stay as high as it is now but what it will turn out to be has yet to be seen.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
It will drop dramatically tomorrow......Will purchase tonight all of your .223, 5.56, 9mm, .45ACP, .38 Special, 5.7X28,
.357 magnum, .44 magnum, 10 mm, .380 ACP and many others for $.10 a round to save you from having to lose more money......
That being said, if you do not contribute monatarily to President Trump's reelection campaign TODAY, you will be paying MUCH MORE for ammo and reloading components after Nov 3rd. Pay a few hundred now or several THOUSAND later.......

·
Premium Member
13,504 Posts
I certainly hope so but I’m not optimistic it will be anytime soon. My money is on it coming down to close to bloop in the pooper prices probably mid year.......next year.

I know one thing......Ellis will up his stock in primer of all flavors once it rights. I’m good for now and since pumping the brakes on shooting (easy to do if you’ve engaged in other pressing issues) I am not consuming what I have.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
My favorite part of his show
Johnny Carson, Ed McMahon and Doc Severson & his orchestra ...

Those were the glory days of late night TV.

So much better than Letterman and what passes for late night TV now (DNC's Kimmel, Colbert, Fallon, et al).

JMO.

·
Registered
614 Posts
With more consolidation and less competition in the Firearm industry, maybe, maybe not. If Biden gets elected, definitely not.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts