Mississippi Gun Owners banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I have and use this one (currently out-of-stock here):

·
I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.
4,378 Posts
Well if the gun community wasn't chalked full of;
A: Panic buyers with a platinum credit card
B: Dirty, disgusting, scalpers looking to make a dollar

Constantly drying up the supply, gun/ammo manufactures wouldn't froth at the mouth to the prospect of the herd stampeding.

But go ahead, you NEED another 2,000 rounds of 9mm and 5.56/.223 to put in the shed with the other 11,000.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
Not the proverbial iceberg's chance in Hades, its going UP and UP and UP
until the panic buying stops, a short time after that there may well be some
serious bargains from those individuals that overstocked.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,509 Posts
What conversion kit do you use for your AR rifles? I'm thinking of going with a kit to save $. Do the lead projectiles result in any fouling issues with the gas system?
I think its the CMMG conversion kit. Got the bolt and 3 mags for like $150+tax. You will get lead fouling but I don't shoot it a whole lot at a time , usually cycle some FMJ 223 through it and cleans the barrel out. Spray the bolt down with carb cleaner.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,509 Posts
Well if the gun community wasn't chalked full of;
A: Panic buyers with a platinum credit card
B: Dirty, disgusting, scalpers looking to make a dollar

Constantly drying up the supply, gun/ammo manufactures wouldn't froth at the mouth to the prospect of the herd stampeding.

But go ahead, you NEED another 2,000 rounds of 9mm and 5.56/.223 to put in the shed with the other 11,000.
Agreed I have seen gun prices 2 to 3 time even more from sellers of late.Just going to get worse I guess.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Personally, I stopped target shooting my ammo at my local gun range several months ago.

Ditto for buying any more guns or ammo at these excessive prices!

Nope, I won't play this game ... but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Agreed I have seen gun prices 2 to 3 time even more from sellers of late.Just going to get worse I guess.
Maybe even by some sellers on this forum ... :(:(:( :mad::mad::mad:

JMO.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,191 Posts
With more consolidation and less competition in the Firearm industry, maybe, maybe not. If Biden gets elected, definitely not.
Inflation alone would prevent prices from hitting the recent lows. Besides, no matter who wins I don’t see the prices or availability getting better very soon. Heck, demand may go through the roof...

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Inflation alone would prevent prices from hitting the recent lows. Besides, no matter who wins I don’t see the prices or availability getting better very soon. Heck, demand may go through the roof...
Keep your powder dry and save your ammo, Patriots!

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
9,631 Posts
What conversion kit do you use for your AR rifles? I'm thinking of going with a kit to save $. Do the lead projectiles result in any fouling issues with the gas system?
CMMG
I built a cheap dedicated 7.5" upper and left out the gas tube and just mounted the gas block backwards to cover the hole. Works like a champ and will fill a 1.5" circle all day at 25 yards unmagnified.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Panic buying caused the shortage of ammo and guns in general. Prices are whatever the market will bare. If someone has a gun for sale that’s overpriced just don’t buy it. Don’t buy from retailers who try to fleece their customers. I learned to reload to offset the shortage of ammo from previous panic buying episodes. I started buying components, primers, powder, etc. a few years ago and now I have a decent supply to my needs. Panic buying has even caused shortages of components for reloading. Retail ammo and reloading supplies will only return to normal levels when the panic buying ends. It will return but everything will be higher prices because that’s what happens. When demand exceeds supply, prices rise. When supply exceeds demand prices stabilize and sometimes fall. From what I’ve seen though, prices for guns and ammo rarely return to previous prices prior to event that started the panic to begin with.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Panic buying caused the shortage of ammo and guns in general. Prices are whatever the market will bare. If someone has a gun for sale that’s overpriced just don’t buy it. Don’t buy from retailers who try to fleece their customers. I learned to reload to offset the shortage of ammo from previous panic buying episodes. I started buying components, primers, powder, etc. a few years ago and now I have a decent supply to my needs. Panic buying has even caused shortages of components for reloading. Retail ammo and reloading supplies will only return to normal levels when the panic buying ends. It will return but everything will be higher prices because that’s what happens. When demand exceeds supply, prices rise. When supply exceeds demand prices stabilize and sometimes fall. From what I’ve seen though, prices for guns and ammo rarely return to previous prices prior to event that started the panic to begin with.
Is this going to be on the test?

·
Waffennarr
8,869 Posts
If it was me I would spend the extra $$ and get an M&P-15-22. Had a CMMG dedicated upper, it didn't shoot as well as the M&P does.
Will look into going this route as well.

·
Waffennarr
8,869 Posts

·
Just another day!
853 Posts
I went to Academy the other day. They have a sign on the checkout that lists 3 or 4 calibers available upon request at customer service. I requested. She giggled and said if I wanted them, I would have to be there at about 7 AM on Monday, Wednesday or Friday. I told her I didn't realize they opened that early. She said "we don't but that is about what time people start lining up outside....we open at 9." No thanks!! They did have some 500 ct boxes of .22LR in there on that day though. There were back on the regular ammo shelf.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,509 Posts
If it was me I would spend the extra $$ and get an M&P-15-22. Had a CMMG dedicated upper, it didn't shoot as well as the M&P does.
@Scharfschütze
Not sure how accurate the M&P is but the conversion I have, I can hit 4" plates at 20-25 yards pretty much every pull of the trigger. For a training and fun piece, that is more than adequate. I guess it just depends what you want it for.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts